Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Ready To Move On


This little quilt is actually done, but I need to pick up the big quilt today.  Binding and label are waiting.  I am ready to move on from the 'Desire to Inspire' projects.  We are to have a couple of days of rain and once clear again, a photo shoot will be on the books.


This quilt was completed back in July, but I was waiting for Bea to announce the release of the pattern.  I was one of her testers and you can hop over to see all the lovely versions.


Even my SIL, Jeri, is ready to move on.  This was her latest finish - a quilt for herself.  Yes, she loves purple.  She's pulled all her Christmas fabrics out for some pot holder making - after a monster this size, some small pieces are a bit of relief.

Me, I am looking forward to getting back to my QALs and BOMs - need catching up as the days just fly by as we get closer to the end of the year.  I think that Bear project needs pulling out first.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

11 comments:

Karen said...

Both quilts are lovely. It sounds like you will spend some time catching up. It seems like there are always lots of BOM going on and it will feel good to stay caught up with the holidays fast approaching.

Kate said...

I love the candy striped border, very bright and fun. I usually feel a bit of loss when I finish off one of those big projects and then sit a bit contemplating what next.

Debbie said...

Great finishes for you both! Good luck, and beautiful day wishes for the photo shoot,

Quilting Babcia said...

Lovely finishes. It's so satisfying every once in a while to spend some time just catching up, and reorganizing, both the sewing room and our minds, to get ourselves prepped for the next big project. Hopefully the rains we're having won't bring down all of the gorgeous color we're enjoying right now.

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

Love both finishes. Hoping your rainy days end soon.

Jeanna said...

You and your sister have finished some really nice quilts. I love purple too :)

Can't wait for the big Desire to Inspire reveal and your big bear project.

Barbara said...

Boy, I hear you on the desire for some small projects. Your quilts are lovely. I'm looking forward to seeing that secret project. Love the fabrics.

Sheila said...

Congratulations on two sweet finishes. You ladies are on a roll!

Sheila said...

Lovely finishes by you and your sister . Have fun getting back to some smaller things .

gayle said...

Terrific finishes! And I can't wait to see your Desire to Inspire works!

Summer said...

Lovely finishes! The quilts are beautiful ♥