The first month of the new year is coming to a close. A long month that seemed to just fly by. Like most in the NorEast, we have had our share of cold, snow, and winds. It made for lots of indoor time - time to spend with fabric.
I am playing again with the Rainbow Scrapt Challenge and in keeping my year simple I have just 3 projects going with the colors chosen for each month. This project will see two houses each month.....
and two Sawtooth Stars. These blocks don't take much time to make so I can easily do them up and then get to play with something else.
Bricks for the Now & Later quilt. I need 40 of each, but since I have these units in my fabric food chain it doesn't take long to feed them thru the machine. I even did up the pink for next month.
I thought the RSC15 would also be a good incentive to go thru my HSTs and be sure they are all sewn, trimmed, and in order. Doing a color for the month is much easier than trying to go thru who knows how many all at once - yuk! Yes, I have different sizes of these - these are just the 2.5" units.
I made a small dent in that barrel using the 2.5" squares to make the 16-patches for the Sweet16 Challenge. I know there will be more of these as I see what Sarah has in store for us.
And I decided to go with the double 4-patch for the alternating blocks with them. Again, these pieces all came from my fabric food chain so a quick sew.
I have three of the Sew Sweet Simplicity blocks done. There is one more block plus 2 bonus blocks were offered, but I am thinking of just putting these three into a table runner.
My 'Let's Book It' project is at the flimsie stage and I am still thinking on whether to add borders or buy another layer cake for more blocks.
And I did have some finishes for the month. The first being the Little Letters quilt. This was such a fun and easy quilt and I am thinking of doing another one.
I finished up the Charming Stars quilt. I even tried a new to me FMQ motif - paisley flower - and it went rather well, so I can see using it again.
YES - the grape vine cross stitch got finished. I used reverse applique to circle the piece. I used 'grape' colored thread and the stretch stitch on my machine with my walking foot to quilt it. I used one layer of wool batt and one cotton which gave it a bit of puff to it.
It was a good first month,