Going thru some more re-org, I found this baggy of flannel scraps left from a commission a few years ago. The flannels were yards of various prints that were used to cover hay bales for an out doors farm wedding (seating). I made a quilt for the bride/groom (anniversary quilt), one for the bride's mother and one for the groom's mother. There was a LOT of fabric and was donated to my quilt guild and most was used to make pillowcases for our charity drive. I saved these incase the family wanted a baby quilt in the future. Luckily I had tucked the bride's mom's name and number in the bag and called to see if they still would like a quilt. She said use it as you like.
I'll use this tessalating design - two very simple blocks thus placed make for an interesting look. Since the fabric is a 'donation', this will be one of my donations to our guild's charity quilt drive in April.
Using something old, move it along, and it becomes something new - all of my three monthly goals fullfilled.
We are going to have two days of much warmer weather, so I need to get out with the rock salt and chip away at the ice on our walk ways. Our lane and walks have been sheer ice and we've had to cancel all in-house quilting classes for two weeks. I'm ready to escape and Mom would like some company!