Thursday, October 27, 2016

Feline Friday with a Paws 10/28/16


Hey Moe!  There is something strange going on today.  Momma was great at laying this new quilt top out for me, but she is screaming  - something about paws.  Did you wipe your feet when you came in?


You are nuts Bella - I heard she was tired of going in cirlces.  Paws???  I'm pausing for a nap.  How come you got the good spot?  I tried the little green basket - but didn't fit.  Maybe this little needle case will make a great pillow - yawn.


Those two need to shape up.  These paws - oh, my, goodness.  I love working tiny - 1 inch and 3/4 inch stratta, but it was the pressing.  All those bitties' seams pressed open took more time than the actual sewing time.  I am half way there!

  
And thankfully I had my favorite needle out of that case for working these.  I am one row behind now.  That row is prepped.  The real scream came when I got tired of sleeping, lazy furkids and pushed them out the door for some fresh air.


Needless to say, I got some very angry looks - they did their business quickly and scurried back to those napping positions.  SNOW, sleet, rain,snow, sleet, rain - it was a good day to stay inside - even if those furkids were of no help.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

20 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

it is cold here too. not ready for this. your furkids help about as much as mine do LOL love those paw blocks

Pale Blue Corner said...

Your cats are funny :) And I really like the white-gray blocks with the Moon pattern.
Cheers,
Emese

Nancy J said...

Mine don't know how to wipe their feet either. Snow, and the top pic gives me a huge smile. We don't get snow where we live, just once in 50 years, that was in 2011, so I always think it is a fairy wonderland when I see photos like yours.

Sarah said...

Oi that's a lot of little seams to press open! Better you than me. The furkids looked quite cozy inside - I can definitely see their miffed faces when you kicked them out. Zorro was thrilled to go out in our snow yesterday. I swear that cat has a screw loose...

Lesley said...

Tell me that is not snow I see?? Too early for me! Your circles are looking great!

Debbie said...

Saw the news and scenes of your crazy weather. Those paws are frightening to me....too small, but will look great on your bear quilt. Stay warm!

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

I love your paws and your dots, such a pretty layout. It's hard to believe Im seeing snow on the ground already, and it's not even Halloween yet.

Denise :) said...

Awwww, your furbabies have such sweet purrrsonalities!! Your dots are gorgeous, Sharon! As is your pretty snow!! :)

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Your kitties are so sweet! Cats could work as quilt detectors for sure. Your circle blocks look great!
Have a wonderful weekend and stay warm!

Needled Mom said...

It looks like a great day to stay inside. That is too early for snow! I don't blame the kitties for wanting to find a good quilt.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Meowwwwwwww....hop a needle doesn't come loose and stick kitty...:)

Kris said...

Good to have helpers, right!! I am loving your circle quilt!! We have had a bit of snow up in our mountains and canyons but none in the valley yet!! The snow is gorgeous!! Stay warm!!

KatieQ said...

Ugh! We had a few ice pellets and a couple of flurries, but that was it. It's too early for me to think about snow.
Your furry babies always pick the best places to nap. I bet you'd be lost without their help.

KimM said...

Oh my. I'd better get my long underwear out!
xxx

Quilting Babcia said...

Way too early for snow, thankfully we haven't had any (yet). Those tiny paws will look wonderful when they're finished, but I wouldn't want to press all those seams either!

Barbara said...

Wow, it seems a little early for snow. I told Smitty about you pushing Moe and Bella outside, and he shuddered.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like your paw blocks. I need to start mine, but, I have some 'deadline' things I need to do first. After a chilly spurt, we are supposed to get warmer than usual temps for several days.

Missy Shay said...

I love that look on Bella's face.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon ,wow your work is always amazing ,boy love the pics of the snow.Thankyou also my friend for my gorgeous block you did for my quilt,I am blown away by the kindness of my friends,bless you all xx

Kate said...

Oh the poor kitties, I wouldn't want to be out in that either. Looks like you've gotten lots done on the stitching front. Looking forward to seeing your Mod Bear quilt all together.