This was to be my October project. I was already in doubt as I know a few bloggers who struggled to make this. As soon as I printed off the template I knew there would be trouble.
I did fight this thing to this point. It is suppose to finish at 8" x 11" - no, more like 6" x 9". And with the tuck seam in the top template, you now have half of your shark 1/2" smaller to set that zipper in. You can see the one shark with the lining next to it - just does not work. I struggled and hand sewed that zip in with so many puckers that when you tried to zip/unzip you caught the lining - this is for kids - think about that one. So my project was a 'scrap' this month.
For those of you who were able to make these - a HUGE GOLD STAR!!!
WOW!! LOVE your shark!!
good to know. they are off my todo list. it is cute but wonder if the struggle is worth it
I had thought about making this for a couple of the younger grandkids, but after reading your review, nope! Thank you!!
I've been wanting to do one of those for my son. Thanks for posting about the pattern fail. He already has difficulties with regular zippers, let along one that would get stuck in the lining.
Now off to take pictures of my Let's Book It project. I'm so happy how it is progressing. It's taking a while, but I'm enjoying the process by adding it to my Slow Sunday Stitching to do list. It's a great to-go project. Have a great weekend, Sharon!
Ugh....hate that when patterns just don't come together, and that you wasted your time. But proud you would share it all.
Oh boy...that's frustrating. I think I have that somewhere. Need to weed it out of the to-do pile.
Yep, that one is off my to-do list. Thanks for being our pattern tester on this one! ;-)
Thanks for the heads up on it. I may reconsider.
Looking at the pattern, it looked difficult. Sorry it didn't work, but, if you can't do it, I know I can't, so, you saved me lots of frustrations.
Where do you get these delightful pins if you don't mind me asking?
Sounds difficult, but what an adorable shark.
I made one of these last year. I used a zipper with big plastic teeth which may have been part of my problem. I ended up doing some hand sewing for some of the zipper insertion and for turning under the top of the lining. It took much longer to make than it should have but a little boy loves it.
He's cute as he can be,but maybe not worth the effort. Thanks for your opinion!
Oh that's frustrating. It's such a cute pattern, it's sad it didn't work out.
So sorry your shark didn't turn out. I made a couple for the grands and hand stitched the lining in, then went back and machine stitched. It did take longer than planned, but the kids reactions were worth it.
Too bad about the pattern, that shark is so cute and it would be going on my to do list for Christmas. Thanks for testing it for us, LOL.
Post a Comment