Monday, October 31, 2016

November 2016 Goals


It will be a month of being Thankful.  The year is coming to a close all too fast and I want to take some time to reflect back on all the things that I have to be thankful for.  Wonderful quilt bloggers who share their compassion of this craft with us so freely.  I've taken part in so many fun BOMs and QALs that have produced not only a beautiful pieces, but so many friends along the way.  I took part in a lot of contests and challenges this year that helped me to grow as a quilter.

GOALS

Starts Sept 3rd

I need to make the other half of the foot print blocks and then tackle those outer borders - you know how I hate borders.  Then this will head off for quilting - backing and binding are ready and waiting.


I need to find some setting fabric in my stash (didn't like the one I bought for this) and get those tiny blocks into the next round this month.

Slow Sunday Stitching

I will use my slow time to work on those circles and hexie projects.  They are getting close to a finish, but I am not rushing them - enjoying the journey.

With Barbara Brackman

I caught up on my blocks, but with only two more left I have to get to that sashing.  I keep saying this and attribute the procrastination to that 'border' mentality.


Dust Off Those Books 
This will not only be the last Let's Book It for the year, but also the LAST.  All thing come to an end.  I am thankful for you wonderful and dear contributors over the last three years.  BUT, we move on.


I am going to use a saved file for this month.  This was Gail Pan's block for the Splendid Sampler last year and you can find the pattern HERE.  Since I have so many machine stitching pieces, an embroidery will fit in for a nice mix this month.


Confessions Of A Fabric Addict

I don't ever want to use up my scraps, but I need to really get my organization skills going.  I showed that awful mess of shelving and storage.  I have spent the last couple of days 'looking' for fabric - I know it is there.  So those shelves are going to be emptied (I think the boards need a flip too) and re-organized.  Maybe I will find the ones I am looking for as well as what I need for those projectss listed above.

AND BAD BLOGGER - I totally forgot my blogaversary!!  Someone reminded me, but I was in the middle of the Desire to Inspire - marked it on the wrong calendar (I keep three running months posted on the wall).  So instead of the true Oct 16th date, we are going with the Nov 16th date - GEESH!! 

With a Thankful Heart,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

9 comments:

Christine M said...

Good luck with your goals, Sharon. I've printed out that block of Gail's to do too. It's a lovely one.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Happy belated blogaversary! I am thankful to you too as an inspiration. you have so so many great ideas and I am thankful for blogging friends like you.......

Dana Gaffney said...

Lots of sorting and straightening going on here too, the nice part is the surprise of finding something, hope it works for you. I had a feeling "Let's Book It" would be ending, it's been great and after three years I've cleaned out a lot of old stuff but you're right it's time to move on, thank you for hosting us all this time.

Debbie said...

I am really going to miss Let's Book It. You gave me reason and permission to pull out a pattern and get it done! Maybe I will do a review of all of those projkects that came of this monthly push.
I do agree that Thankful is a perfect way to end our year. Yours was quite a success!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I'll miss Book It, but, things can't go on forever. Happy Blogversary.

Kevin the Quilter said...

Sharon, you are one of the most active and involved quilt bloggers I know! We are thankful for YOU!

Jeanna said...

Great goals, Sharon and I have no doubt you will have another successful month.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

You have a lot of fun goals! My sewing room is in dire need of some scrap therapy--I have piles of fabric from too many on-going projects. My hope is to make January "clean-up" month if I can meet my other goals of finishing my pile of mysteries, sew alongs, and UFO's!

Kate said...

You've got lots of fun projects going on this year. It is hard to believe that the year is almost over. My Guy and I were looking at the calendar and we've only got 4 more weeks of work this year due to the vacation we've not used yet. I'll miss Let's Book it. It's been fun to see all the fun projects come together. Enjoy your weekend.