Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Project Quilting Challenge

 
This is the fabrics I pulled for the Project Quilting - Season 4 Challenge - Square-in-a-Square.  And I had the pattern already in mind to use - just a few adjustments and notes and I was ready to cut and stitch away!
 

 
To break up the square blocks and add more texture and flow, I used an organic swirling FMQ using a light blue thread - Quilter's Pro line from Connecting Threads for the top thread and their regular cotton thread for the bottom.
 

 
I decided  to make this into a pillow and this is the first time I have used a binding finish on a pillow.  I really like how this looks.
 

 
 
And I made the flap back so the pillow form can be removed for washing.  Yes that is the quilt that this 16 inch pillow will go with - I am FMQing like crazy as the quilt is for another competition.
 

 
And the front of the pillow - with the quilt it will go with.  Fabric line is Summer Breeze II - Moda and the pretty yellow floral pillow backing and the wide outer border of the quilt is from Summer Breeze (first collection).  My French Cottage quilt for ME!!
 
 
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

15 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Just so lovely Sharon!

Belinda said...

That is ohhh so pretty!! Love the colors!

Lyndsey said...

Your pillow is lovely and the quilt is looking good. I love the colours you chose.

Anonymous said...

wow Sharon your cushion is gorgeous and your quilt is looking good,well done.xx

antique quilter said...

pillow looks great, I love blue and yellow together.
very pretty
Kathie

Michele said...

I recognized that line. Very pretty. I almost bought some myself. I like what you are doing with it.

Kat said...

I love those fabrics. A few years ago I made a yellow and blue log cabin quilt for my mom (those are her favorite colors) and I just love that combination. Can't wait to see your finished quilt!

Denise :) said...

Oh so pretty! I love combinations of blue and yellow -- they make me smile!! :)

Sheila said...

Very pretty pillow Sharon , I love the color combination!

Sarah Craig said...

Love those colors! And a very pretty scrappy pillow!

Queenie Believe said...

Lovely pillow!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Cheryll said...

It's just BEAUTIFUL Sharon. Love the freshness of the colours. It will be a perfect match too. Well done! :)

Debbie said...

Now you have done it....I need to check this project out. Love the pillow to match the quilt.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful pillow Sharon and perfect for the challenge. I always like to make pillows to match my quilts too!

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Love your Pillow with Squares for Project Quilting! Especially love the blues and the yellows!