Monday, January 21, 2013

I Love My LQS

 
My local quilt shop is the Quilt Bug located in Esperance NY - a community very hard hit by Hurrican Irene.  They do a lot for the community:
 
Sponsoring a food drive each year 'Cans For Fat Quarters' -   for every item you bring in for the pantry, you get a free FQ. 
 
Organizing sew-ins to make quilts for charities - recently the Japan drive, Irene victims and storm Sandy victims.  They have a current quilt raffle for Storm Aid found HERE.
 
They are preparing for the Quilters Quest Shop Hop and on January 24th they will  have passports and charm bracelets for purchase.   The shop hop will be held on April 25th - April 28th this year, giving you an early opportunity to visit 11 shops collecting fat quarters and clues to make a scrap quilt. This year all the shops will again be collecting food for the local food pantry, too. Visit all the participating shops to get the finishing clue for their mystery quilt and another charm.
 
Super Sunday Mystery
Their next Mystery will be held on Super Sunday, Feb 3, 2013. It's a 38" x 38" wallhanging called Winters Day and only uses 3 fabrics plus a background.

Of course, they also have wonderful classes, sit-n-sews, ladies' night, and a sales section that I JUST LOVE.  They also have on-line shopping!


 
 
And in HONOR of National Polka Dot Day - a lovely cake to share with you all!
 
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon
 

10 comments:

rubyslipperz1052 said...

I've been trying soo hard that last few months to not buy any fabric. I've been trying hard not to shop - even local. But, I know it's important to support them and I do shop local first =)

hugZ,
annie

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

national Polka dot day ??? LOVE it!

Michele said...

I still have yet to make ot there to check out for myself and if it doesn't happen before the hop, I'll definitely get there during it.

Sheila said...

Most excellent post, Sharon. It is so important that we make an effort to support our LQS's. I try to buy fabric and supplies locally, take classes, participate in BOM's. I want to do more in the future.

Average Quilter said...

The sale sections are my favorite.

Snoodles said...

Wish I could zip up there and see all the fun! Love that today is Polka Dot Day! Hugs!

Cheryll said...

Sounds like a wonderful place to spend some time in!
LoVe the polka dots cake... in my fav colour too! :)

Sheila said...

I agree it is important to support our local shops , with out us they will not last .

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

All the shops around me have closed. So sad. :(

Denise :) said...

What a sweet and fun looking LQS! I bet you enjoy shopping there! Love the polka dot cake -- such fun! :)