Sunday, January 20, 2013

Design Wall Monday - 1/21/13

 
I just love this block!  It is one of the StarBurst blocks for Melissa's QAL.  You can still join in - she has the project into nice doable steps, but I have a furry who wants to keep playing and napping in all my pieces - so I am working ahead of the schedule.  I am using Moda's 'Little Black Dress'.
 
 
A bit of hand work almost done.  This is for Sarah's Quilt Ministry - she asked those who have donated fabrics , threads, batting, blocks, and quilts for a hand block for a special quilt.  They are nearing 500 quilts gifted on and this will be a commerative piece for the occasion.  I need to get this done and out in Tuesday's mail.
 

 
The cross-stitch piece is done.  I changed the bootery shop into a quilt shop.  Hey - quilts, stitchery, and a bakery - what's not to love?  Now I need to fabric frame this piece and have my Christmas Thru the Year project  done.
 

 
I really have other things to do, but side tracked with a new block.  Found this lovely piece of grey yardage, some left over Kona Snow jelly roll and that wonderful 2.5" pre-cut scrap barrel came out to play.  Not sure how far I will play with this.
 

 
The new cute button is on the side bar for this project - 'Country Charmer' pattern by Lynn Wilder of Sew'nWildOaks.  She is posting wonderful tips for us along the way - gosh, you can't go wrong with a FREE class from this pattern designer!  And Lesley of The Cuddle Quilter will be keeping a schedule of monthly plans - put it is a work on as you can, no pressure, just relax, have fun, learn along the way, don't be afraid to ask questions Quilt Along.
 
 
And please check out the button on the side bar - a great way to advertise and promote your local quilt shop.  I am heading out to mine for some photos so I can link them up.
 
 
 
And as a closing thought and so you can get your 'dot' on - January 22 is National Polka Dot Day.  Gosh, wouldn't it be fun to see dots all over blogland - so get your dot on bloggers!
 
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon
 
Linking up with Patchwork Times

18 comments:

Sheila said...

I like your hand block! I've got to do one. Keep forgetting.
Beautiful STAR! Your cross stitch is AWESOME! You are so good at cross stitch!
Hope you are feeling better, dear. This flu virus is a bad one I hear.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Shelia's right. Awesome is the word for your cross stitch and all your blocks. I love the star in it's Little Black Dress....grin

Barbara said...

National polka dot day! No way! I love polka dots.

Deb said...

Your star looks fantastic, Sharon. I am itching to get sewing on mine.

Cheryll said...

You are always soooo busy Sharon. AND I do have spots on my blog...lol :)

QuiltSue said...

I want to live on your cross-stitch street please! Stitching, quilting and baker shops - only thing missing is chocolate.

Michele said...

YOur star block is really wonderful and your stitch project is just great. Love what you are doing with the gray and white. i wish I could get to my LQS before Thursday but I have to work Tues, Wed and Thurs and then the kids are home from school on Fri so I probably won't get the chance.

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Wow, your starburst looks great! I am having a hard time picking fabric for mine. I think all of mine are medium value.

That modern block on gray is very pretty. Is there a tutorial for it?

Rosa said...

Spectacular.I`m doing Melissa`s QAL too.

Lois (AKA Onnie) said...

Thanks. Thanks a lot, Sharon. Now I'm starting another project. Sheesh. I just love the idea of the big stars. I'm in.

Rhonda said...

My goodness, you are one busy lady and your projects are fantastic. The starburst block is in some of my favorite colors. Great job on all!!

Needled Mom said...

Your star block is gorgeous. The cross stitch looks terrific and I enjoy that you made it a quilt shop!!!

Anonymous said...

The star block is a lovely, dramatic block. I love your projects all have such different interests, styles and diversity. I have the same types of projects here a little mod, a little country, a bit folksy. Keeps a person inspired!!

Belinda said...

I LOVE that star block!!! You have gotten so much done girl. Good for you!

Teresa in Music City said...

I just ADORE that Little Black Dress fabric! I saw some in one of the stores we visited on a road trip last week. I may have to go back to get more :*D Your block is perfect, and I am absolutely amazed at your cross-stitch piece - wow!!!

Donna said...

Love the star block. I was needing a medallion block for a wedding quilt so I used your picture to whip one up and I think it's gonna make me like this quilt.

Lesley said...

Love your projects , especially the starburst block and those gorgeous fabrics!

Karen O said...

Love your starburst block. Those fabrics are great for that.