Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday Finish

 
This is my daughter's quilt that I finished up the quilting on.  I think she used a block from The Quilter's Cache for this.  And that lovely 'scratch' pink I just got from Connecting Threads worked wonderfully for the binding.  I used a double layer of Quilter's Dream Select for batting, So Fine bottom thread and Superior for top thread - both in white.
 
 
I just love the fabric she sent for the backing - have to ask her where she got it as this MUST go into my stash.  I let her know it was done - wash and a dry and hid away from furries! 
 

 
These blocks are for the new Temecula row-a-long celebrating Judie Rothermel's 25th year designing with Marcus Brothers.  It is called Diary of a Quilt Shop and the button is on the side bar.
 


 
And these cute little blocks are the mini by Pam Buda of Heartspun Quilts.  Just four little 4.5" blocks that we will make a mini with.  Can't wait to see how these are set.
 
I will be linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Fridays's Whoop
I will be linking up with Marcia's Minutes for Me
 
Hope you are all staying warm,
and Happy Australia Day down under (a little late)
 
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

21 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Beautiful quilting on your daughter's quilt! Lucky her!

Vickie said...

Pretty! Love the blocks and the backing is so pretty.

Sheila said...

Your daughter did a beautiful job. You did too. Such a sweet quilt.
It's hard to believe those cute little blocks are only 4 1/2" square.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wonderful job times 2!

Larissa said...

Fabulous quilting is obviously in your dna Sharon!!! I love all these projects!!!

Teresa in Music City said...

What a sweet quilt - and your quilting put the icing on the cake :*)

Barbara said...

So pretty, Sharon. I love those pinks.

Lesley said...

Your quilting is wonderful on your daughter's pink quilt...it is beautiful! Love your blocks for the two QALs...I am very tempted but still going back and forth to the rink so not ready yet, but love your fabric combinations!

Pauline G said...

Love this quilt -and your quilting is just right for it

Belinda said...

Oh that turned out really nice!!! It looks so pretty and comfy.

Sarah Craig said...

Goodness you've got a lot of pretty things going on this week! Love your daughter's quilt - great pattern! And all your blocks are wonderful, especially the minis! Whoop whoop!!

Pattilou said...

What a pretty in pink quilt. It is so inviting. Your quilting of course, is wonderful. Those little minis look intriguing!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilt Sharon and I love the backing too! I've never used Quilter's Dream Select, is it thin? How did you like using double batting?

Sarah said...

Thank you for the Australia Day wishes. We went to the beach and watched my Dad, brother and husband sailing. I love the block in your daughter's quilt. A pinwheel of sorts I guess.

Lynette said...

That *is* a really pretty pink floral. Almost like a toile, huh? Love it!

cyndiofthevortex said...

I love your daughter's quilt done all in pink and white. It's so lovely. I wonder if she would share the pattern with me? I've looked over at The Quilter's Cache and can't find it anywhere. I love the quilting on it - you've done a wonderful job.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

I love your daughters quilt. Pinwheel has always been one of my most favorite blocks. Simply beautiful.
xx

Deb said...

You have been a busy bee Sharon!... Such a pretty quilt too.

rubyslipperz1052 said...

That is a really pretty soft pink quilt!! your quilting is really great too =)

hugZ,
annie

Denise :) said...

Sharon, Sharon -- love, love, love the pinks in your daughter's quilt. Especially the backing -- so pretty!! And the binding is just perfect, too. Did she ever tell you what the backing was?! :)

Anonymous said...

Your little blocks are just too adorable...love those colors!