Friday, April 26, 2019

Harry Potter QAL


This project has been so fun to share with the future recipient of this quilt - my youngest grandson.  It is getting closer to a finish and I thank LORNA for such a wonderful pattern and QAL.


We had some sunshine the other day (nothing but rain since) and I took the opportunity to photo the 'in-progress' quilt to link up.  I did change the sashings to a 1.5" width rather than the 1" to give a little more space and 'shine' to each block.  I admit I don't know the HP stories, but my grandson is a fan.

As this one gets a little closer to a finish, I have one of Lorna's Unicorn patterns to make a quilt for my granddaughter - she's waiting impatiently.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

5 comments:

Nancy J said...

Looking so good, and another waiting to be done for the other grandy, they are so fortunate to have a quilter in the family.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Nice job on this quilt.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Check out the audio books from the library. Jim Dale, the man who reads the American versions, does a wonderful job on the voices. I just finished re-reading the books last week. I used to hand quilt to the audio books (109 hours for all 7 books).

kiwikid said...

That looks fantastic, we read all the Harry Potter books here, my youngest son was just the right age when they came out. He is now 27 and would love that quilt!

Ulrikes Smaating said...

Hej Sharon,
your blocks turn out fantastic! I am on the way with Hedwig...ganz LG aus Dänemark, Ulrike :0)