Monday, April 1, 2019

A New Month - A Busy Month

SoScrappy

I guess it's time to make the list for the month, and it is going to be a very busy month.  If I don't have that list to check things off, I will forget something - and that won't be good.

First I know the new color for RSC is Aqua and I have enough of that for the Chandelier Bead Blocks.  Those usually just take a day of play.


I have saved the patterns for the Threadology quilt along with Fat Quarter Shop.  I wanted to use the fabrics left from the Barbara Brackman "Queen Victoria's Children" QAL.  Now that the Queen is done, I am free to cut into those FQs and scraps for this project.  I have the Churn Dash block to catch up on and the newest just came out.  This is a project that will be played with when there is time - easy enough to catch up again.


It's time to pick another OMG and I am using this to finish up those PIGS.


I won't have time to add a cross stitch piece this month, so I chose a very old piece that needs to be taken apart.  I think I will make these into individual minis.  I discovered this piece in my Mom's things when we did her 'clean out' in the fall.  I did the cross stitch for her, she never finished it into the wallhanging.


I must have done these at least 20 yrs. ago (or more).  They are too cute to be lumped into one, so making them into their own little display will make me happier.

** linking up with OMG - April ** 

Diamonds are Forever


I will be participating in the Diamond Hop.  Working on a project that has been on my 'bucket list'.


Confessions Of A Fabric Addict

I mixed lists last month!  Yes, I will be hosting on H2H on the 21st in APRIL (not March).  My post is in draft with Sarah, so this one is ready ahead of schedule.  Geesh!!


And I hope to keep up with the Harry Potter QAL as my granson loves seeing these blocks as I finish them.

I have the two furkids to get to the Vet for annual check ups and shots.  They get taken seperate days as Bella is a stressful, handful alone.  Then I am vending as a local artisian at the Old Stone Fort during one of the Opening Days of the Easter Egg Exhibit.  Throw a coupld of meeting in the mix.  Busy......

I have another huge commission coming in which will take up a lot of sewing time.  So I will have to catch my list for the month as I can.  If something doesn't get done, there is always catch up time next month.  I will not fret over it - it is suppose to be fun.

Did you get an April Fools Joke today?  Mother Nature pulled one on us as it dropped 30 degrees from the day before - windy, cold, snow.  Ah, Spring - where are you? 

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

7 comments:

MissPat said...

Well, if anyone can do all of this, it would be you. Love the cross stitch blocks. Good to see that they will come out of hiding. We had the big temperature drop too, but only had flurries, although the towns along Lake Ontario did have measurable snow. Crocuses are blooming so there is hope.
Pat

Barbara said...

Your plate is piled high for sure. What a treasure finding those cross-stitches. Those definitely need a finish.

Needled Mom said...

You DO have a busy month ahead. Those cross stitched designs will be fun to recreate.

Julierose said...

that is quite a listing you have for April...I love those cross stitcheries--so cute...and some nice memories...
Good luck with accomplishing what you hope to...hugs, Julierose

Patty said...

Such a great idea! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts and good luck with your project!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Those are cute cross stitch blocks.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Lots scheduled. Love your cross stitch blocks.