Thursday, April 4, 2019

A Windy Week


As the winds blew outside, I was a breeze in the sewing room as well.  The commission hasn't come in yet so I took advantage to get some things done.  First I pulled my Aqua tote for the RSC19 - not a lot in there.  AND my little containers - the button blocks for the Temcula Quilt Co QAL  which I am working 10 of each color way instead of their 6 - and the RSC19 Chandelier Bead Blocks which I am, also, doing 10 of each color way.


Set with the light background......


Set with the dark background.  I'm very excited about these two quilts in progress.


A huge (and very heavy) box of fabric was delivered.  I took advantage of Connecting Thread's Extra Wide Backing Sale  and think I have enough now to complete all those flimsies.


I loved this new line of theirs as well - 'Clementine's Blonnet' - and got the strip set to make one of those jelly roll rugs and the FQ bundle is for a fall project.  I'm trying to do/learn a new technique' each month thru the year.  I have a couple of projects that were taught at our guild meeting, but will wait to share those next week after I show & share at our next meeting.

I just need to hit a Kona Sale and my retail therapy for the year is done.


I'm trying to finish up my 'Diamonds' Hop project; hoping to have it pieced today and quilted this weekend.  Trying to get as much done as possible before the commission comes in.

The high winds have had me in high gear with stitching, but I really hope the weather calms down.  I actually had to tie my one door fast as the winds were trying to carry it off with Dorothy and Toto!

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon  

6 comments:

Nancy J said...

Fabric in the mail,and more strips, they are wonderful goodies to have on hand.

sewyouquilt2 said...

I too got some clementine for a fall project. Love those chandelier blocks in both colorways

We were blowing away too in the wind. Crazy weather

Barbara said...

I love your aqua blocks. I've been doing pretty well not buying any new fabric this year and working from my scraps. I did purchase some when we visited the Stitchin' Post last week, but most of it is already spoken for in one of my WIPs. I've been working away with my scraps, but you wouldn't know it to look at them.

Needled Mom said...

The winds are blowing and the projects are just flying about.
Love those blocks in both dark and light.

Cheryll said...

The dark really sets off the Aqua doesn't it. Well done Sharon... xox

gayle said...

I got that same jelly roll from Connecting Threads, though I was taking advantage of their clearance on clearance sale.
Love your chandelier beads so much - both backgrounds!