Sunday, January 29, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching 1/29/17


I will be joining Kathy and others with some slow stitching today.  I have a few pieces that need attention and I need to spend a day relaxing.


This is the first block for Barbara Brackman's "NY Diary" 2017 quilt.  There will be a lot of applique' in this project thru the year, but by using Slow Sunday Stitching, I can get this done.  And if something is a bit beyond me, it's my quilt - I can change it up.  I already did with this block - I cut the stem the wrong direction.  True, I could cut another - but my quilt - my stem will go the other way.


I have a binding to do on a mini which should go fast.  And the next hexie basket is ready - this is number 14 of 18.  I think I will be cutting out the piecing sections for this quilt in February.

Hope you get to enjoy a little slow time today,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

9 comments:

Karen said...

I see you have started Barbara Brackman's sew-along. I need to prep a block and join in.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Looks like a great start on a beautiful quilt.

Needled Mom said...

I think the stem is just fine going that direction.

CathieJ said...

Your blocks are pretty.

Nancy J said...

All flowers have their own way with stems, and so should yours.This will be fun to follow through the year.

Teresa in Music City said...

You are so right Sharon! And flower stems can be pretty fickle things sometimes too - always swishing around in the breeze - I bet they don't even know which way they are supposed to go LOL!!!

Dana Gaffney said...

I like the new flower and you're right, flowers grow in all directions.

Sarah said...

Both projects are looking good! Only 4 more hexie flower baskets to go! Woohoo!

Kate said...

You had some pretty projects going this weekend. Hope your slow stitching time was relaxing and productive.