Sunday, January 15, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching 1/15/17

Slow Sunday Stitching

I will be joining KATHY today with some slow soothing stitching.  The weekend has become days of 'chores' that must be done.  So to have something that I can sit with for a bit to relax - then pop on to the next to-do on the list - that works.


I have just the black to finish up 'Ernestine' for the Bag Ladies.  You can click on the button on the side bar to read more about this project.  Some of the smaller embellishment areas will actually be done during or after the quilting process.  I plan to make each of these ladies into their own mini wallhanging.  I saved those cut off HSTs from my green scrap geese quilt which will work well for a border with this.


And that should finish up quick, so I have my hexies ready for the next round on those rosettes.

Grab some needle and thread and sit down, slow down, relax,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon 

11 comments:

Nancy J said...

The bag ladies are so beautiful, and yours will be a lovely wall hanging. Down here, a grey and cloudy Monday morning.

Jeanna said...

The bag ladies look like a fun project. Is that a bottle of 'grape juice' in Ernestine's bag?

QuiltShopGal said...

Definitely a chores weekend here too. Have a crockpot on for dinner and about to sit down for some sewing. Love your Ernestine.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

Cute bag lady!

Quilter Kathy said...

Ernestine is lovely! Enjoy stitching her!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Jill said...

Love your bag lady. I often use similar food containers for holding my sewing items. They are see through and lightweight.

Sarah said...

Both of your projects are looking good. After a super busy week, I spent most of the weekend stitchin: slow hexies or fast machine work on Bonnie's mystery. I'm gonna have to buckle down and do chores this week...

Christine M said...

Ernestine is looking good, Sharon.

Barbara said...

Ernestine is looking mah-velous!

Kate said...

Hope you got in a some good relaxing stitching time along with getting your chores all done.

Lyndsey said...

I've just started stitching Ernestine. They are such fun to do.