Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Ernestine

Cat Patches

When BARBARA announced this little stitch along last year I had to participate.  These gals just crack me up and I needed a new hand project for the new year.  You can click on the button on the side bar to read more about the Bag Ladies.


Our first lady could be any one we wanted, but I'll follow along with Barbara's monthly pick - then if I run into any problems, I can ask questions.  Ernestine seems to love scraps, patches, puppies, and a bottle to take along to make Sit-N-Sew more fun.


I have decided that rather than use these ladies in one quilt, to make each it's own mini.  Ernestine does represent my 'ENJOY' for the year.  And I was working with my greens and the purples were out for RSC17 - she was dressed in these colors, so perfect to use for her mini's borders.

Today is the linky party , so please go visit BARBARA and see how others worked up their ladies.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon
   

10 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

She's a sweetheart! These look like so much fun (to watch from a distance, my embroidery project from 5 years ago still awaits finishing ...)

Barbara said...

She's adorable made up into a mini. Nice work, my friend. So glad you're joining in.

Kris said...

Oh, my gosh!! Ernestine is darling!! What a fun year long project!! Did you color her?

Debbie said...

Love her and love your story of her personality too. Great idea to turn them into minis, and spread the cuteness around.

Jeanna said...

I enjoy seeing these blocks. Ernestine is a hoot...always with a bottle to make sit and sew more fun.

Lyndsey said...

Ernestine looks fabulous and makes a great mini.

Dana Gaffney said...

These girls just make me smile :)

Needled Mom said...

Sooo cute.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

That's me!!!! :)

Kate said...

So very fun! Making the blocks minis is a great idea. Looking forward to seeing both your and Barbara's progress.