Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Scrap Management

Confessions Of A Fabric Addict

I LOVE my scraps!!  Well, I love everyone's scraps and so grateful when they share them with me.  Mixing mine with others makes for some wonderful projects, but they can get to the point of needing taming.

I look forward to SARAH sharing some STAR patterns with us heading into Hands2Help and not only will it help in taming scraps, but will make up a few lovely quilts to gift on to charity.



Remember I pulled my green drawer and had some assistance with selecting fabrics and projects.  Here comes my love for making blocks!




I now have all my full and partial paw blocks for the new Black Bear quilt.


The beginnings of Meadow's Mountains - large and small geese and I am getting some bonus HSTs from those large geese cut-offs.


 I took my Mom into town for some errand running in the Morning - we got back as the ice storm was just starting.  So I used the icy day to continue playing with my geese - paired the little ones.


And still played by putting the blocks together.  These will get sewn tomorrow with the forcast of snow - stitching weather for sure.  There are borders yet to go - yes, you heard right - BORDERS which I just love to do - NOT.


Some mix of green with my ever abundant browns for Jacob's Ladder blocks.  I have half of what I need for the top and the other pieces are cut and laid out by the machine to use as leader/enders - or maybe I will go full guns with them - who knows.

So a good start to taming the scraps.  I'm hoping the storm clears because I am escaping this weekend.

**  linking up with ScrapTastic Tuesday **

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

31 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

loving all your projects. because you are so productive in the snowy weather, I think all the snow should go where you live. I have to shovel so my day is not productive sewing wise. LOL cant believe you have all those bear paw blocks done.you are speedy

Sewing Junkie said...

If you have direction you can accomplish anything.In the past a few people would send me their scraps and it is a great gift. Hopefully you reach your goals. Chris

Lesley said...

Oh, Sharon, those mountains are gorgeous! And your paw blocks are the best! Such inspiration on a cold wintry morning here.

Dana Gaffney said...

Putting the different sizes of flying geese together makes that quilt so pretty, what a great idea.

Debbie said...

And this paw quilt is to keep? It will be a beauty. Love the meadow mtns.......got a pattern or sizes to share? Going to be a good one for lots of scraps.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Great sewing on a stormy day! All your projects look wonderful.

Jeanna said...

I so love the bear paw blocks. You certainly are off to a great start taming some scraps.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Sharon I like all of your blocks in green! Stay safe in inside during the icy weather!

MissPat said...

Love the look of Meadows Mtns. I also wonder if it is a pattern or something you conjured up. It's delightful. We're expecting high winds today but just snow showers except for Wyoming County which might get a foot from lake effect off Lake Erie. Will work on En Provence today.

wheelinsticks said...

I want to make a bear paw quilt too. I'm thinking I might try that for the rainbow challenge was I finish the units for En Provence.

Margie said...

Love reading your blog and wish I could accomplish what you do. You do not help my "I want to do list". So with that said I to would like to know if there is a pattern for the Meadows Mtns. Thanks!

Needled Mom said...

I LOVE those geesey mountains!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I'm feeling a bit green....grin. Someone is definitely helping you control your scraps...too cute. Great blocks as well.

gayle said...

I love scraps, too, so I always enjoy seeing what you're up to with them! You make such wonderful things!

Barbara said...

Well, I love what you've done with those triangles. Very cute.

Nancy J said...

Those geese, what a wonderful way you have put them together. Snow, what a perfect time to be inside sewing.No snow here but a very chilly 4.6 Celsius start for our mid-summer day.

Rebecca in AK said...

Great Bear Paw blocks. I am really loving those Meadow's Mountains blocks though! Glad you got your errands done in time before the ice storm hit.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Meadow's Mountains looks like lots of fun! I have a huge pile of scraps on my cutting table that needs taming before I start anything else, but I also have a retreat to pack for so it will have to wait--I'm sure they will still be there when I get home.

Calicojoan said...

Can you tell me more about Meadow's Mountain. I googled it, but didn't find anything. I love it! A new bear paw quilt is in the back of my mind too, but then she is starting the new Christmas quilt...so many projects, so little time! LOL!!

Lynne Stucke said...

Loving that Meadows Mountains!!! What a lovely way to use those scraps!!!! (lynnstck[at]yahoo.com)

Sarah said...

I really like your mountain blocks - they might be a good alternative for the quilt I am planning around the half-nekid woodsman fabric I found at AQS this summer.

KatieQ said...

I really like the Meadow's Mountains blocks. All of those flying geese look like fun. I hope that taking your mom out to do errands means she's feeling better.

Kristi said...

I love all the flying geese!! Looks like you've had lots of fun.

Robby said...

Love the mountains/geese. Great block. Stay safe and warm.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

With all those greens, I think someone is missing grass. Love those flying geese blocks.

Kate said...

You've got some great building blocks going from all those scraps. I really like those Meadow Mountain blocks, do you have a pattern source for those? Stay warm. It's very cold here, but we didn't get any snow. It should snow if it's going to be this cold!

Michele said...

You always do so well with using up all those scraps. I really like your geese blocks. Stay warm.

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Sharon! You have lots of great projects and I love the triangle design! x Teje

Nicky said...

Bravo on taming those scraps! Loving the geese one! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday!

GML said...

Such scrappy projects. Just what I love. Lol

Lisa said...

Scraps galore. The geese are really effective set that way. I must try to remember that.