Friday, January 13, 2017

A Day Out


I know you all want to hear about the day's trip out.  This year's gift bag was a fabulous metalic turquoise and I filled it as you can see.  My goal was those extra wide backings so I can get some finishes.


Westering Women, the Black Bear, a string quilt made a couple of years ago with Let's Book It, and my Leap Year (circles) quilt.  I'm a washer when it come to these backings, so that is today's agenda.


My Mom went with us and got a little wobbly - fabulous staff took grand care of her by getting a chair, getting bolts, cutting and cashing her out.  While that went on, we managed a short browse (because it was elbow to elbow by then).  I picked up two jelly rolls 'Sylvie' and 'Rhapsody in Blue' ($18 no less) and a few $1 FQs.  Since we were early getting out of the shop and Mom was not up to anything else, we headed home - probably a good thing as it started to snow.

Home petting fabric while warming up with a hot herbal tea and then I crashed on the couch with my furkids who had a short miff because I dared to leave them alone for a bit - cats!

Washing fabrics and borders on that green quilt are my goal for the day.  Oh, and some housework mixed in - yeah, someone has to do it.

Wind some bobbins and get sewing,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

16 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

some great stashing......hope Mom is ok...

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Fun day out! Glad you got home before the snow started. Hope your mom is doing ok.

Debbie said...

Love your backing selections....especially the one with words. Hope Mom is feeling better after some rest. And you too!

Sarah said...

A very successful shopping trip indeed. I don't think I could have seen so reserved with those wide back or FQ prices. I have soooo many tops that need backs, it's sad. I just do them one at a time...

Dana Gaffney said...

Nice haul! I'm sorry you didn't get to have lunch but maybe it did work out for the best with the snow starting.

Barbara said...

Well that does sound like a fabulous day. I've only used the extra-wide backing on one quilt, but it was fantastic not to have to sew any seams in the backing.

Nancy J said...

Good to be home before roads closed or were too dangerous. Staff, I have found, can be so helpful when needed, and now I don't hesitate to ask for any help we need. What a grand bag-full you have, I would look, pat, and leave out for lots of admiration for days. Maybe even drape the wide backings over a chair or two for more praise!!!

Sheila said...

Excellent and most productive day out! Always good to find some great fabric deals. So nice that staff was able to help you with your mom. Glad you made it home before the snow. Hug your fur babies for me.

wheelinsticks said...

Sounds like a lovely store. Looks like you made a nice hull.

Jeanna said...

You made some fantastic purchases. How lucky to find $1 fat quarters and $18 jelly rolls.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

This hermit enjoyed your day out...grin. Looks like a nice haul with great prices.

Lesley said...

You have some great treasures here! Glad your mom was well looked after!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great backings. We all need backings.

Kate said...

You did well. Sorry your Mom got a bit wobbly, but hopefully she got what she needed too. I bit the bullet and ordered some sale fabric for backings. With deadlines coming up, piecing a full back from bits and bobs just isn't doable. Looking forward to checking out your finishes.

Michele said...

One of these days I'm going to get to that sale myself but I've been not buying for the most part until I use up more of what I already have.

Lyndsey said...

My kind of day. I hope your Mom has fully recovered from her wobble and she got the things she needed and wanted in the sale.