Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Scrappy Wednesday


I'm happy to say that the HST quilt is now a flimsy.  The final border was trims from a quilt backing and there was enough for binding - all used up (well, one string in the tote and a few squares in the barrels).  A happy blend of scraps.  If I had backing for it, it would go under the needle for quilting - so it goes on the pile to wait.


And my daughter sent me another photo of a quilt top collaborated with her daughter - that curly headed muffin.  She picked the pattern and fabric, helped lay it out, and manned the foot pedal while Mom manned the needle.  I think I need to pass on my little Brother (with added finger guard.) 


Today I will work on these Sawtooth Star blocks that go with the ladder blocks - progress that project a little more.


And I like to take breaks from sitting at the machine.  That time will be used to clean up this shelf.  I have pulled from it and thrown project left overs back on it.  Some I am sure can be broken down into my barrels, but I am thinking a Bow Tie quilt needs to be made.  An easy math block and eats up lots of scraps.

We are cold, windy, and snowy for Earth Day - I think Mother Nature is pissed!


Stay Safe and Healthy,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

8 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love your hst quilt top. Thst came together quickly. So scrappy and pretty.

Julierose said...

Beautiful flimsy--i love those cross-sashings...
~ ~ ~ waving 'neath the rising sun Julierose

Barbara said...

I totally love it. It turned out so cute. It looks large! I still have bits and pieces to work with from my pile. I wanted to do something different for a while.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting that top pieced and the great news about that curly headed muffin working on being a quilter! Sounds like you've got a good plan for those scrappy bits and looks like you've got your work cut out for you in dealing with that shelf. You are going to be SEW busy!!

kiwikid said...

Wonderful scrap quilt top, great quilt top the curly headed muffin has worked on too.

Cheryll said...

I think your quilt flimsy looks sensational. LoVe it.
Stay safe...xox

loulee said...

Your HSTs look really good with a border on.
Your girls have done a fantastic job with that quilt top, next you'll be telling us your Gd has made a bargello!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Your HST quilt turned out great.