Sunday, April 5, 2020
I scrambled to make the Baby Giraffes to be was sure I had enough of those brights. Actually this went together really fast and I changed up the setting with the strip top and bottom and made the outer border 3.5" wide rather than the 2.5" just to upsize it a bit. Now it's ready to be quilted.
Then I used those brights left to make the final border on the Sneakers. I had just three pieces that were close to a FQ size and the rest of the scraps I cut down into my barrel system. I have enough of the aqua left for the binding. I think I have these fabrics out of my stitching system now. And this is my April OMG project - done ahead of time!
Still progressing on the Corona Quilt with four rows of houses and the fifth row needs just two more houses. I'll have to start thinking on what to do next as there are just 2 mini charms left as I used some of the light ones for the roof background settings.
Today I want to dedicate to finishing the last clean-up project. I did these Kaffe strips up after using some in the two Kitty quilts.
I helped a sewing student with this pattern long ago and it was a U-tube which I can't find now. It's called the Jelly Roll Tube quilt, but there are a LOT of those out there. You simply add a 22" strip of white ends to the ends of each JR strip, so you have a tube. Then cut the white where ever you like and vary your cuts with each tube.
Then it is just chaining thru the machine one after another - twosies, foursies, etc.... until I have a complete top. I'm not stressing what is going where as these Kaffe strips are so different and it will all work out. Simple sewing today as it suppose to be lovely weather and I would like to take a long walk.
Stay Safe and Healthy,