I pulled a couple of smaller baggies of scraps from the Yellow Monster. Both had some 'patriotic' and americana bits that I pulled out and will pass on to another quilter as I don't play with those. Strips, bricks, and stones (squares) are all I need for this project.
These are the blocks for the Temecula Quilt Co One Block Wednesday. She calls the block 'Church Window', some call it a 'Doughnut', but I refer to them as 'buttons'. I remember my gr.grand making these and she called them buttons AND then my gr. auntie (her sister) arguing with her that they were 'buckles' as they reminded her of the old shoe buckles. What ever you call them, they are going to make for a lovely replica vintage quilt.
*linking up with Oh, Scrap
I do have another finish for the month. Happily returning to some time with my cross stitch. Scrap Aida Cloth happily used up, substituted floss color to use up some smaller cards of floss (emptied), and then fabric framed using up scrap batting, scrap strings for borders, and left over piece of binding - the backing is the green - used up! I even used up an old bobbin to stitch this up. Finished size: 6 1/4" x 7 1/4"
You can find my method of fabric framing HERE
*linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching
It's snowing again today, so I will make some more button blocks to clean out those scraps and then browse my cross stitch books for a new little project.