Tuesday, January 22, 2019

And More Black & White


This fun poodle block is a free pattern by  Sally Trude at The Objects of Design.  She has the tutorial for left and right facing pups, but I chose to make all mine facing the same, like in line at a dog show.  This hop really helped to push me to finishing up my B&W quilts.


 And I used this plushy for the back.  If it looks familiar, it matches the 5 FQs in my give away HERE.  I liked that pop of Hot Pink and even if a different dog, still makes a cute back for this.

*tip - some people have trouble FMQ plushy/minky on their home machine.  I use a dryer sheet to rub down my machine bed and table.  It makes that fabric glide as well as prevents the 'fuzz' from collecting on surfaces.  I rub down after as well to pick up any residue, clean and oil my machine well after, and change out the needle.*

 

Please be sure to visit today's Hosts:


Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

13 comments:

Lee said...

What a sweet dog quilt! Thanks for the tip sewing w/ minky!

Barbara said...

Oh my gosh. That is just too cute. Sally is so clever with her patterns.

Needled Mom said...

Oh Sharon, that turned out so cute! I love it in the black and white.

The Joyful Quilter said...

This poodle quilt is SEW cute!!! Good for you, finishing up some projects during the Black and White Blog Hop.

Calicojoan said...

I remember seeing this one! Those poodles are just too cute.

KatieQ said...

The poodles are adorable. Thanks for the tips on using plush fabrics. I only used Minky once and it was a disaster. I will keep the dryer sheet tip in mind if I get try it again.

barbara woods said...

love your puppy quilt

Suze said...

I adore the poodle quilt. My daughter came home to check on her mom (and her dad - indpendently). She stayed with me. She has a toy poodle. Abigail is going well. She's at least 14 years old. However, when Abby's time here is over, she plans to get a standard poodle. I think I need to make her a poodle quilt. That is after I make her the requested t-shirt quilt from her sorority days in college. She asked me over 5 years ago and I haven't started it yet. No, I have touched my sewing machine in over 5 years. I think it's time to do some recreational therapy. Thanks for sharing the pattern with us, too. Maybe that's the gentle push I need to get me out of this chair and doing something constructive.

Sally Trude said...

Your poodle quilt is wonderful. I think you inspired me go get back to work on mine...

Turid said...

Adorable poodles. Thanks for the link. And thanks for the tip fir FMQ. I'm just learning how to, and I'd really like to try this.

Christine M said...

I love your poodles, Sharon.

gayle said...

Love your poodles! Sally really has a way with critter patterns, doesn't she?
And thanks for the minky tips. I haven't tried using it yet, but I plan to give it a try someday.

Kate said...

Very fun! Love those showy poodles. Congrats on a great finish.