Sunday, January 27, 2019

Oh, Scrap


I pulled a couple of smaller baggies of scraps from the Yellow Monster.  Both had some 'patriotic' and americana bits that I pulled out and will pass on to another quilter as I don't play with those.  Strips, bricks, and stones (squares) are all I need for this project.


These are the blocks for the Temecula Quilt Co One Block Wednesday.  She calls the block 'Church Window', some call it a 'Doughnut', but I refer to them as 'buttons'.  I remember my gr.grand making these  and she called them buttons AND then my gr. auntie (her sister) arguing with her that they were 'buckles' as they reminded her of the old shoe buckles.  What ever you call them, they are going to make for a lovely replica vintage quilt.

*linking up with Oh, Scrap


I do have another finish for the month.  Happily returning to some time with my cross stitch.  Scrap Aida Cloth happily used up, substituted floss color to use up some smaller cards of floss (emptied), and then fabric framed using up scrap batting, scrap strings for borders, and left over piece of binding - the backing is the green - used up!  I even used up an old bobbin to stitch this up.   Finished size:  6 1/4" x 7 1/4"

You can  find my method of fabric framing HERE

*linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching

It's snowing again today, so I will make some more button blocks to clean out those scraps and then browse my cross stitch books for a new little project.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

10 comments:

chrisknits said...

Well isn't that just the cutest finish! I should finish some of my stitched pieces like that just to get them done! I keep looking for frames but they are such odd sizes!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Wow, what a beautiful needlework, and a cute bunny to show it off. I like the name of Buttons too.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Cute projects. Love the temecula one.
Your bunny is wise to guard that beautiful stitchwork

Calicojoan said...

I just marvel at the bags of scrap you have. Better I marvel at you that admit that my sewing room is over run! LOL!!

kiwikid said...

I am doing the Wednesday see along too, but have yet to start! Your blocks look wonderful. Interesting the different names for the same block.

Quilter Kathy said...

I'm calling them doughnuts... what a fun quilt!
Congrats on the finished stitchery!

Kim said...

I love your pretty, scrappy buttons! This will be such a lovely quilt. Your cross stitch is a beautiful finish.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your cross stitch mini is SEW darling!!! (I gave that up for quilting, as I had trouble keeping count.) Nice job on using up a whole bunch of different scraps!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I would call them buttons too. Donuts just makes me hungry!

Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Barbara said...

Cute quilt. There are so many great sew-alongs going on. I’m not doing anything from TQC this year, but I have been tempted.