Saturday, February 6, 2016

RSC16 - Browns with a Dusting of Pink

RSC16

February is a month for Browns & Pinks - think sheep or even piglets.  I have a lot of lighter browns - mocha, but not dark chocolates.  But it will all work out if some scraps get used into some blocks for the month.


I only had time to put up some spool blocks as I am busy with other committments.


One is quilting my SIL's latest quilt - I'm a week behind schedule.  Her version of a 9-patch and using up some scraps from a quilt made a long time ago.  My first time using the 'continuous circle' motif on my home machine.


I've had to chase this furkid off it constantly (yes, my dusty chair).  This is the time out spot and she doesn't look happy.  But this gal can unbaste a quilt faster than I can baste one.


I went for coffee and a stretch - Hmmmm, does he get a time out too?  I really want to finish this one up today so I can move on to the next on the list.


The new Amish Miniature out of that magazine.  Using up some small solid scraps and those left over Kona blacks.  

As long as the Juki is set up for quilting on the large banquet table, I am going to try and get thru that pile of 'to be quilted'.  I set up my back-up machine on the smaller table so I can get some piecing done in-between.

We are headed into colder weather and may even see some snow - think Phil lied about the early spring.  Good time to tackle all that machine quilting.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

12 comments:

gayle said...

This has been the squirreliest winter ever. I won't be a bit surprised by anything that happens next.
I love your little fuzzy helpers! If only they could unbaste when you wanted the quilt unbasted...

Ivani said...

great spool blocks. Love you cats. ♥

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your Spool Blocks turned out well. Good luck finishing your SIL's quilt!!!

Needled Mom said...

Your quilts must be really comfortable for those fur babies. I really like your Amish miniatures.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon as usual such beautiful work,lol those fur kids must be a distraction,enjoy your day my friend xx

Nell's Quilts said...

The weather sure is something we can't count on this year. Lovely little spools blocks and the Amish miniature is a great way to use up scrappy solids.

StasaLynn said...

Pink is perfect!

Kathy S. said...

I LOVE "to-be-quilted" time! You start posting finish after finish after finish! Whohoo! (No pressure, Sharon.) But I just love the scraps you put together. Yummy!

scraphappy said...

Lovely little spools. Good start to the browns.

Sarah said...

Dust is a protective covering for all good antiques! LOL.
Do tell! Did Moe get a timeout too??!!

Michele said...

Best of luck with getting the quilting done without too much furkid interference and with the brrrr temps that are coming I'm hoping to spend a bunch of time in my studio too.

Kate said...

Very fun scrappy blocks. Hope you were able to get lots of quilting finished up.