Monday, February 1, 2016

Adieu January 2016


At times the month seemed to crawl and then it was a struggle to try and put the brakes on to keep it from ending.  We got very lucky in our area with some of the huge snow storms totally missing us or just giving us some cover to enjoy and then it was gone.  

My January goals were Let's Book It, Slow Sunday Stitching, and Do More of What Make You Happy (miniatures & scrap play) - let's see how I did.


My goal for Let's Book It was to complete Dottie at least to the flimsy stage.


 I am trying to enjoy Slow Sunday Stitching - I missed one.  I have been working on three little pieces of cross stitch 'found' tucked in books.  I finished this one and had just the right size wood frame for it.


And I am so enjoying the "365" (plus one) sew along.  I am working 6 at a time and then add to a setting of 6 x 6 (some will be 6 x 8) for a large block for the final finish.  I have my next 6 blocks/circles prepped for a slow sit and sew day. I just love the 'background-paper' - by Zen Chic for my 2-rail little blocks.


For my Happy - scraps and miniatures.  I completed the two scrappy Amish miniatures.


And enjoying digging thru scraps for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I have a few blocks developing as well as doing the column quilt along.


The Moda Sampler Block Shuffle will be wrapping up in February and I have all my blocks actually made.  Hopefully I will have this a flimsy at the end of the month.

There has been some other secret sewing and fun stuff that has been been played with.  And I enjoyed some ME time with a trip with friends to a quilt shop and some time spent with family. Good thing it was a long month.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon 

19 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Beautiful Quilty 365 circles Sharon! I love the patterned background fabrics you've used. You've accomplished a lot of projects for January ... as always!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice circles - I had forgotten it was plus one - I need to remember 366 instead

Needled Mom said...

It looks like a great month for you, Sharon. I just love the 365 dots.

Teresa in Music City said...

You made wonderful use of your long month! Lots of progress on so many fun projects :*). How lucky to have the right size frame for that adorable cross stitch? And those blue log cabins are calling me again .....

Barbara said...

You got a lot done in January!

Debbie said...

I so enjoy your variety...in each project I see something to try. Thanks for sharing all you do.

Sheila said...

Can't BELIEVE it's already FEBRUARY! Time is flying. Love the Dottie quilt top. Needle work. Looking forward to future secret sewing projects' big reveal.

Lisa said...

Your finishes are beautiful

Jeanna said...

I would say January was a very successful month for you! So much eye candy.

Sophie Zaugg said...

I like very much the background of your Quilty 365 project !

Linda Smith said...

How big are you making your Quilty 365 blocks?
I am sewing mine together as I go, like you are. Immediate gratification! Who wants to wait a whole year?

Dana Gaffney said...

Very nice January for you. I hope February doesn't fly by and the weather continues to be kind to you. I really like your Moda blocks, they're so different.

Sheila said...

You had a very productive january , love all your work 😊

tink's mom said...

What busy hands you had last month. I love the little cross stitch piece.

audrey said...

Love the pieced backgrounds for your circles! Makes for great looking circle blocks! So much accomplished overall with all your projects!

Quiltsmiles said...

Just lovely all the projects you progressed and finished to their varying stages.
I really love that cross stitched home with the appliqued heart, perfect for this time of year.

Kate said...

You did really well in January on all your projects. Hope February is just as productive.

Michele said...

You definitely did well in January and I'm sure you will accomplish plenty this month too.

Carla said...

You have been busy. With each post you've touch,played or completed something. I really like those little amish quilts