The yellow quilt was put into flimsy stage over the weekend. I had made the blocks during the RSC18 month of 'yellow' and rediscovered them in my attempt to find something else. I had a lot of low volumn yellows that just didn't fit into anything over so long, now they are all playing together in this pretty quilt. The sashing is a repro 30's print that had been on the shelf for over a year - it got to set off these blocks making for a nice framing.
The Bonnie Hunter Mystery components went into a star block that was framed with some left over Kona White. It got the same sashing finish as the yellow quilt. The aqua art deco print was cut-offs from a backing - just enough for the sashing with a few pieces added to my barrel system.
There were a few geese components left, so I made a mini to use them up. Used up the last of that Kona scrap and pulled a left over binding piece from the binding drawer. The binding needs stitching down, but close to a finish.
The rest of the mystery components - I could have saved them for another play day, but I tossed all of it. When something doesn't inspire and you just are tired of it all, it is OK to either pass it on or get rid of it.
Today I want to finsh up the center panel of the Temecula Quilt Co
'Summer Scraps' quilt. The dark lozenges need one more flip corner and then paired with a lite lozenge. As you can see, I don't have too many more to finish up and then I can arrange the color pairs when I am happy and get those into rows - then rows together. That shouldn't take too long as long as a fat cat doesn't decide to nap here. Then I want to start on the next sections - Broken Dishes.
Today is the first day of the Fabulous Freebies Hop hosted by Joan @ Moose Stash Quilting. Bloggers sharing their favorite free tutorial - either on of their own or one from another resource. List of Blogs:
Monday August 20
Tuesday August 21
Wednesday August 22
Thursday August 23
Friday August 24