Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Winter Solstice 2016


I get excited about Winter Solstice as I know from this day on this part of the world begins to have longer days and head into the light.  We have been so bitter cold and gray, there has to be hope for the return of warmth and color.


I am still looking for my hexie project background pieces, but I discoved that I could no longer put any more green into this drawer.  I had a hard time getting the drawer out of the cart!   So maybe I am thinking of trees.  I cannot wait to see the first sprout of leaf bud. Also, I found a bag with about 6 yards of white (Moda Bella?).  Not sure what I got if for, but it is going into the next three projects.


I was planning on waiting until after the Holidays to start the black bear quilt, but as long as I was processing greens I started the bear paw blocks.  I am cutting pieces I need for two other quilts at the same time and kitting them up.  That will make for quick work when I get to those projects.


I removed just enough fabric so this guy could squeeze himself into a napping spot.  Geesh!!  It forced me to go clean the bathroom, finish the dishes, and make up my grocery list.  Poor Moe is at a loss with this cold and snow - he can't make his usual 100 miles doing the property line patrol thru the day. Even the neighbors say they miss him visiting while on his stroll.

Today my Mom wants to take a bit of a travel so we  will head off to pick up a script, visit the post office, and stop for a few groceries.  That should be a day for her and then I can go back to my hibernation - and processing greens. 

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

10 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

I am all for more light those greens are fun and the bear paws look nice. you sure do get a lot accomplished even with a sleeping cat on your projects LOL

Dorothy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryll said...

I know how you feel... its always a wonderful feeling knowing that summer is on its way back to you. We dont get the extremes here but i remember all too well being shut in when living in Canada.

Dana Gaffney said...

Poor Moe, maybe you should put him in the car and drive the property line so he can see that all is well. If I ever find time to sew again I'm planning another string quilt to tame some scraps.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I have an enormous pile of scraps on the table too--maybe I need a little kitty to motivate me to do some "processing"--lol!

Barbara said...

Happy Winter Solstice to you! The Summer Solstice always seems like such a bummer to me because the days start to get shorter after that. Winter Solstice is a bit of hope in an otherwise dreary landscape. I think the bear paw block is one of my favorite traditional blocks.

Rebecca in AK said...

A Happy Winter Soltice and a Merry Christmas to you and yours! After seeing how beautiful your Bear Paw quilt turned out I am so tempted to make one too.

Needled Mom said...

Knowing the shortest day is behind me is always a joyful occasion. Looking forward to the new bear blocks.

Linda in Calif. said...

I've been wanting to start working on a bear claw quilt, your's is so nice with those greens. I don't think Kitty cares if you make the pile smaller - she's enjoying all that green softness. Merry Christmas!

Kate said...

Looks like you made a nice dent in those green scraps. Poor Moe, at least he has a prime napping spot.