Sunday, December 18, 2016

Slow Sunday Stitching 12/18/16


I will be joining KATHY today with some slow stitching.  I like how she shares the idea of the need to keep ourselves healthy, especially with the stress of the Holidays.  She states Feel free to call this "mandatory preventative medicine"! 

  
I have the next set of 'three' layer cakes cut for adding to that pile of large rosettes.  And pulled two sets of smaller rosettes for the other project.  I am searching for the white backgrounds.  I don't know why they weren't in the tote with the rest of my hexie fabrics.  I know I cut them all - the left over white is in there (for sashing piecing and setting triangles) - but where are my backgrounds????? 

More cold, snow, ice is predicted for today - good day to stay indoors and hand stitch.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon  

20 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

The rosettes are so pretty and the weather is not! :) We're in for the same today as per the forecast that I just read. Rain now will turn to icy rain then snow.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Love the fabric for your rosettes. They look so springy. It's cold and icy here too but I'm thankful we have electricity unlike Cynthia from Quilting is More Fun than Housework! Have a peaceful day.

Lesley said...

Your rosettes are looking very lovely. Hope you find the backgrounds!

Kathy S. said...

The flowers are very cute. Great colors and fabrics!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Marvelous slow stitching project!

The Cozy Quilter said...

You will be preventing all possible ailments with your hexie flowers! I hope the missing backgrounds showed up!

Deb A said...

What a great ray of sunshine with those pretty flowers. Hope the white fabric turns up.....You sure did place it in a great storage place! I had hid some things for the kids and it took me 2 days to find where I 'hid' them!

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

That is a wonderful slow stitching sunday project. Enjoy the relaxation time!

Quilter Kathy said...

Enjoy your hexie stitching today... it's good medicine!
It's snowing here again today too... perfect weather for hand stitching!

Barbara said...

Cute hexies. We had a little bit more snow yesterday, but we're supposed to warm up tomorrow. Rain expected, and that will melt the snow.

SandraC said...

Your Sunday stitches look a lot like mine! I agree, it's so nice to get a reminder from Kathy each week to slow down and enjoy our stitching!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Those are some sweet hexie flowers! Enjoy your stitching and stay warm!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon oh these are so cute xx

CathieJ said...

I hope you find your backgrounds. Those flowers are so pretty.

Kris said...

Super cute, Sharon!!

Dana Gaffney said...

They're beautiful Sharon, they make me wish I liked to make hexies. I hope you find the backgrounds before you cut new ones.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Ditto!!

Sheila said...

Love this hexie project , just beautiful , hope you find your backgrounds .

Kate said...

Hope you found your background fabrics. These hexie baskets are so cute.

Susie said...

The flowers remind me of spring. Stay safe in all the snow. It is great to look at if you don't have to get out and about. Have a lovely Christmas. Hugs, Susie x