Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Scrappy Wednesday

 


The Broken Dishes blocks for the Tmecula Quilt Co mini QAL were quickly made up.  I'm using fabric left over from the Hall of Fame raffle quilt - my deal with them was no charge on the fabric purchase if I could have the left overs.  I think we both had a win.  I'm going to have to be real skillfull as there was a minimum of left overs - I mathed that project out good.


The next house block for my guild's President's Challenge.  This month's catagory was 'Biblical' and I chose a variation of Cross and Crown.


Here's the houses so far.  We are doing 9 catagories and members can chose to do just one or all and even more than 9 blocks if so chosen.  This is to encourage them to enter a piece in our big show in 2022.  

This isn't the order they will be set, but now I have a photo to refer to for selection of color and a bit of pattern style for the next three blocks.  I do need a purple!


And Diane came to the rescue again and found a bright white/white for the sashing.  I have some units made and sub cut, but I will work on these today.  This will help having these ready to go once the last 'house' is built.  I won't cut borders until that center is done - and there are three borders.

Once these are done, I'll get to work on the mini blocks replicating members' blocks.  I'd like to clean those up and get all those totes back on the shelf.  Then I need to start another commission piece.  Well, maybe a little house work first.

Prayers for those in this strange storm front,

Sewingly Yours,

Sharon



5 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

You always get so much done! Great house blocks.

Barbara said...

Fun little house blocks. I like those pale fabrics for the broken dishes blocks.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE how your House blocks are coming together, Sharon!!

kiwikid said...

Your Broken dishes blocks looks great, love the house blocks.

Scrapatches said...

You are always sew accomplished, Sharon. I love the way you take scraps and make beautiful quilts with them. Thank you for linking up this week and brightening my quilty day ... :) Pat