Sunday, February 7, 2021

Monday Making

 


I know I will need some breaks from the commission piece (hand quilting) so I have prepped some more placemats.


Just some left over panel pieces matched with scrap off the shelf for backs and using up scrap batting.  A simple meander to quilt these as I need a 'time out' for the old fingers.


 There's two of each print, so six more to add to the Meals on Wheels donation.  I'll pull the left over binding drawer and
 be sure to find something that works with these.

I had friends drop in this weekend and we got discussing our furry friends.  Dog people v.s. cat people and dog attitude v.s. cat attitude.  This cartoon just adds it all up:


Sewingly Yours,

Sharon

8 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

Lol yes cats are very different.but if one loves you , you are golden lol love those placemats.sooooo pretty

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Funny! Your pheasant placemats look very elegant.

Lyndsey said...

Those placemats will look good. Love the cartoon and it is so accurate.

KatieQ said...

As a cat person, I can verify the truth of the cartoon. That's probably why I prefer cats. They are selective, but there is nothing quite so satisfying as being the person they have selected.

chrisknits said...

OMG, that cartoon is sooo true! LOL

Bonnie said...

Cartoon nailed it! Good use of scraps and time. I am coming to the end of a big commissioned t shirt quilt. I can't wait to finish it! I'm ready to move on to other things.

QuiltGranma said...

I'm more a cat person, since they are more independent. Dogs are just so NEEDY, and that doesn't jive with my personality. We have had 2 in the past and have one now, but I prefer my cats. It is wonderful to be selected by a cat!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That explains why I've always been a dog person.