Monday, December 9, 2019

Monday Making


I let the white and black strips dictate how many blocks I could make for this project.  There are 6 of each pair of color and I have enough color solid to make a piano key border.


Today I hope to get this into a complete flimsy - maybe even sandwiched up for quilting.  Since it is a small quilt, it will need a few borders.  I can easily match the white for a border and then use up the colorful solids in a border.  And I know I have a piece that will work perfect for the back; I'll even use up a cut-off (or might have to piece) of batting - clearing out. 

This is a great scrap eater pattern and one that is very easy to math out.  I have used it a few times with different measurements.  This one was mathed around what size was in that baggy.  The w/b strips were already cut 1.5" so the 4-patches finished 2.5".  So I made the bricks 2.5" x 4.5" and that was good as many of the solids already had strips (wof) cut that size.

This is going to be a great gifting quilt for our guild drive,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon
   

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Nice. It's fun to make a quick, cute quilt from stash. But me, I am NOT starting anything for a while!

Barbara said...

Well, it turned out very cute. I love all that color.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a great scrappy design that is!! Leftover pieces and parts make the BEST quilts!!!

Vireya said...

Simple and very effective!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Like the Monday Makings. Stay warm. we are getting a cold front today.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Nice. Love when a quilt comes together like that