Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Scrappy Wednesday


During one of my travels, I was gifted this large bundle of scraps.  Most of it looks to be large pieces so an easy process of getting these into the scrap management.  Anything smaller than a FQ will get chopped down into the barrel system. 



This is the last tub of scraps from Lesley's estate of fabrics.  There are mostly small scraps, several zip bags of different size cut squares, and some small projects in progress.  There were several step outs and pieces along with the instruction sheet that she must have used as a teaching class project.  I've sorted it all and got the step outs in order; some small projects quilted and ready to bind.  Maybe my guild would be interested in it as a Saturday class.



And at my last Hall of Fame meeting the lovely Pat (thank you sweetie) gave me this beautiful glass barrel stuffed with scraps.  I spy some lovelies for the Shoo Fly Shoo BH blocks .  I'm, also, starting some tiny log cabin blocks - food for the fill.  (yes, that's one of the step out projects that barrel is sitting on)

I spent a couple of days fighting with Face Book when another guild member was notified that our guild banner was being 'sold' on one of those crap FB sites.    DON'T open or buy from any of those 'fan' shopping sites - total scams.  No worries - our banner resides in my house, but trying to get FB to take this site down - HA!  Reports have been filed just so we hold no reliability.  Geesh!!

We are in a weather 'bomb' for a couple of days  - hope we don't float away again.  I plan to play with scraps right thru the weekend.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon  

5 comments:

Nancy J said...

Play indeed and as the saying goes, from Oliver Cromwell when his soldiers had to cross a river (I think that was the occasion ) " Keep your powder dry", in other words, be prepared.Those scraps will keep you very occupied for some time.

Sherry said...

I had ordered a Downton Abbey t shirt through FB. Thank goodness that I went through PayPal. . . never got the shirt, got no communication from seller, but once I filed a claim with PayPal and they could not reach the seller I was issued a refund.

Never again.

Barbara said...

I see those ads on Facebook all the time. So annoying.

KatieQ said...

I always enjoy seeing the projects you come up with to use the gifted scraps that come your way. We have nasty weather here too. I feel like I live inside a blender with all of the orange and yellow leaves swirling past my windows.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Enjoy those wonderful gift scraps, Sharon!!