Sunday, October 7, 2018

Thank You


I wish to thank so many of you who e-mailed me to see if everything was fine here after my little stay away and then the awful story of the tragic accident in our community went across the news.  I am safe, my family is safe, friends are safe.  But my heart and prayers go out to the families who lost a loved one.


I was taking the weekend to try and work thru that pile on the quilt rack.  I changed up the 'Beginnings' quilt a bit to make it my own.  This needs some borders, but for now it will wait.  I hate borders.


I did get the borders on the Kim Diehl miniature.  This has been hand basted and waiting for hand quilting.  I want to use black floss, but need to pick some up - a bit of a road trip is planned.


My Mom's two runners got their binding on - I did go with the plaid.


The two Bow Tie little runners got quilted and bound - again, using up another plaid.


The plaid/shirting quilt got a good pressing and a backing pieced - another large piece of plaid.  This will be my Monday Making project.

I had 6 more quilt tops in that pile on the rack.  They were pressed (again) and put on hangers with backings; hung were I can see them and finish them.  I am waiting on a thread order and then they are going under the needle.  And Moe is loving that he has his 'bed' back - he was not the Princes and the Pea sort of sleeper.


And another little heart ache.  My daughter came out for a visit, some quiet time from the kids and work on some school papers.  We went out for dinner and when we came back, we found this little guy trying to make his way thru the tall pasture grass in front of the house (I thought is was trash thrown into the field - again).  He is blind and possibly deaf, an aged little fellow who was very scared and lost.  We really think he was tossed as how would such a dog could find his way in the country side or our field.  Since I was afraid my cats would harm him, my daughter is going to foster him while we search for a 'possible' owner.  If none is found, they will give him a loving home into his twighlight years.

Hold your loved ones tight,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

15 comments:

Lee said...

So glad you are alright, you were in my thoughts this morning when I read about that accident!! All your quilts are looking wonderful, great progress. That poor pooch. I can only imagine how scared he was being blind and maybe deaf.

Nancy J said...

So glad you and those close to you are safe, so sad for those who lost their lives, and their families. What a dear wee chap, he will be so loved, just as our darling Basil was. A long time or a short one, they must so know how precious they are, and how fortunate to find loving families.

Beth said...

I'm thankful that you weren't personally touched by the accident, but having something like that happen in your community is surely so distressing.
That little fellow is lucky he was found by you and your daughter. As to how someone could have dumped him out, I don't know what is wrong with some people. We adopted a 12 year old dog from the Humane Society; she is nearly deaf and was found on a rural road. The volunteer at the H.S. told me they see things like that a lot and it would break my heart if she told me all of the circumstances. We've been so happy to have our old gal as part of our family, and she seems utterly delighted to have a home. I can only imagine how happy that little homeless fellow must be to be at home with your daughter and her family.

Debbie said...

Saw the accident on late newd and realized it was your town. Glad you are fine. You got a tremendous amount of work done.

tink's mom said...

Lots of great work going on at your house. People can be so heartless, I just don't get it. If you need to get your dog a new home take it to a shelter. Abandonment is so damn cruel.

Barbara said...

I thought of you when I read of that terrible accident. My goodness...so many lives lost. What a sad story of the little doggy. You have to wonder about people, don’t you? I’m glad to know he’ll get a good home either way.

Snoodles said...

The moment I saw the news coverage I realized it was your community. So sad, precious lives lost. Glad you and yours are safe.

Lynn said...

You and your community are in my prayers Sharon. Such a tragedy.

kiwikid said...

Good to hear you and your fanily are alright. So many lovely projects being worked on at your place. I do not understand how poeple can dump and animal and just leave it, it is so cruel. Thank goodness you and your daughter fiund the dog, I hope it can find a good home.

Lesley said...

Sharon, I have been thinking of you and your community since the news broke. Such a sad event. Glad you and yours are safe, but realize that something like this has quite an impact on so many. As usual, your quilty projects are wonderful. Good for you for helping the little four-footed guy. All the best!

sewyouquilt2 said...

Glad to hear you are safe. So so sad for the families who lost loved ones. The little dog is lucky to have a friend that will take care of him.are you far from the accident scene? Could he have been with the ones outside the limo that were killed? Love all your projects.

Maria said...

pleased you are safe but sad about the families in your community who lost loved ones..
Surely no one would toss such a sweet old little fella out.. maybe the was with the folks walking that were killed ??

Sheila said...

I'm happy to hear that you are okay. Love your quilts. Such a sweet little fur baby.

Joanna said...

Fortunately that little guy was found by people with big hearts. Beautiful quilts. Glad all is well with you and yours and praying for everyone.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I lost a partly blind, mostly deaf dog, years ago. He got out, and I chased him for ages (while trying to keep up with a toddler and another child). I never caught up with him. I still miss that dog, and wish I could have been with him. I know he was scared. I doubt he made the night, since it was below freezing. Glad your daughter will foster that little thing.