Monday, November 27, 2023

Long Time No See

 


Well, time off to get all those commissions done and they did get done!!  But, I fell off the blog band wagon in doing so.  I don't show commission work as it is the private property of the client unless they give permission - these were very private to the persons.

Then with back to back quiilt shows in the mix - FINALLY, I can get to maybe ME sewing and filling my year's motto of FINISH.  My batt rolls finally came (after troubles with a company forced doing business else where) and I have matched quilt tops with backs and batt cut.


Yes, I still take bad pictures.  The table of 'in waiting' will be eye balling me for the next days till the New Year.  Hopefully they all get done.  A few of the largest ones just may get a 'quilting by check' to help speed this up.  No harm in that when you get so far behind.  


This table became the dumping ground as work and days went on.  This too must be dealt with - cleared for Christmas please.

Momma is still with us and I am trying to make her days a bit easier.  We have been warmer than our usual for this time of year.  A bit of snow here and there - we are to have a milder winter for our region so they say.  More rain and ice than snow.  I've fallen outside three winters in a row - NOT this year!

AND I might just do Bonnie Hunter's new mystery this year - haven't done one in several and I have a passion for Indigos.

Sewingly Yours,

Sharon Vrooman

6 comments:

MissPat said...

Hi, stranger. Glad you are doing well and the Momma is hanging in there. We had a coating of snow late this afternoon, but nothing like south of Buffalo and east off Lake Ontario. You have enough to keep yourself busy through the winter.
Pat

Lyndsey said...

Hi there Sharon, lovely to hear from you and to hear that Momma is OK. Here in London UK it is colder than usual and the suggestion is we may get snow towards the end of the year or beginning of next. Looks like you have lots of things to keep you busy during the bad weather.Take care.

Kate said...

Sounds like you've been really busy. Glad you finished all those commissions and can get back to your own finishes. Hope you can get caught up with your sewing room clean up and with your own finishes.

Lynn Hunger said...

Glad you could finally make it back. Always a little disappointed when I swing your way and not a peep. You and family are safe and happy and very busy. Happy holidays.

Kathleen McCormick said...

Nice to see you blogging. You mention slipping and falling in the ice. I broke my ankle on the steps (not ice) but live on an icy street. I bought a pair of Nexx Grip boots and love them. Noat also makes them. The "grips" fold in so you can wear them with or without the grips, but I often find in the winter we leave and the roads are a bit wet, come in after dinner and it is frozen so I am gald to always have the grips on. Just a thought.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice to hear from you. As you can tell, I'm behind on blog reading. I'm doing Bonnie's mystery this year. I've not done one before, since I don't usually like some of her colors (hard to change things if you can't see where they will end up). Glad you are still taking care of /loving your mother.