Wednesday, September 20, 2023

It's A Dog's Life

 


Thank you CAROL for hosting this month's Hop "It's a Dog's Life".  This has been a fun and inspirational tribute to one of our 'best friends' in our lives.  If you haven't visited all the hosts, please do and give a little cheerful comment. 

I have no photos of my beloved dog SKIPPER.  What few photos were divided up into my childrens' photo albums that they now have as adults.  He was an Ausie/English Shepard mix - super herding dog!   He traveled to many horse shows as my 'shotgun' rider and stable guard dog.  Herded cattle on the farm (and my kids too) and hunting compainion for my Dad.  He lived a full and bright 19 years with us.


I enjoyed playing with some plaids to make the cute PUPS using the pattern 
'Dog Gone Cute' by Lorna McMahon at Sew Fresh Quilts.

A commissioned memory quilt for a family who raised champion show German Shepards.




POODLES - BLACK & WHITE HOP pattern by  Sally Trude at The Objects of Design


Another Lorna McMahon pattern - DOGGO  I've done a few of these for baby quilts in different color dog faces and accent colors.  Quick and easy!!



My Doxies with Moxie is an Elizabeth Hartman pattern "Dogs in Sweaters".  I used this for our guild's President Challenge for color block of the month.

I've done a few dog blocks (site freebies) over the years to donate for quilts put together for fund raisers for various Animal Shelters. 


Be sure to visit today's other hosts:

Sewingly Yours,

Sharon

14 comments:

Danice G said...

All of the blocks and quilts are cute. Doggone Cute is a pattern that I have been wanting to purchase and make for a while now.

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Your projects are all wonderful! Wow, 19 years with Skipper, that's amazing.

Calicojoan said...

Who let the dogs out? LOL!! You have certainly done them proud. I love em all!

Karrin Hurd said...

Adorable quilts, thanks so much for sharing!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice quilts. I've made the Dogs in Sweaters quilt.

Carol Swift said...

That Lorna can sure whip up some cute patterns. I've made a few of them, but I hadn't seen the Doggo one. That turned out really cute and would be a great way to use up extra fabric. You've made some really fun dog quilts...love the poodles. Skipper sounds like he was a very special dog to be a part of your family. Thank you for sharing all this doggy goodness, Sharon!

Anita Jackson @ Domestic Felicity said...

Wow! So many dog quilts. Fabulous! And the baby quilt of the dog face is super adorable!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Cute projects!

Barbara said...

Super cute quilts. I hadn't seen Sally's poodle pattern before. And I feel I must speak for Smitty and Sadie. Cats demand equal time.

Sharon said...

Nice collection of pup qui!ts!

Kate said...

Such fun doggy quilts! It's hard to pick a favorite from that set.

Kathleen said...

All your doggie quilts are fun. I do love the Doggo pattern...makes me laugh!

Carol said...

Neat projects! Thanks for sharing!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

So many gorgeous projects! Lots of doggy goodness :) xx