Wednesday, December 13, 2023

First Snow Storm

 


There was so much hype about the mega storm to start the seaon off.  This is what we got here in  the valley.  Some areas in the mountains got 10-12", which is norm.  The winds took out the power in in some of the hill towns, but we were good.  I did get a couple of trees down, but in areas not so they are bothering anything.  They will be spring projects. 


My pile of quilts to be quilted is now down to two.  This was a Moda 'Snowflake" QAL (last year or the year before?) and is finally getting quilted.  It's only 50" square so should not take too long to do.

The last quilt from the pile is a large one which I had though about sending out , but I am going to tackle it.  And the pile will be done!!!  BUT, there are more in the tote and they are going to be completed in 2024 - no 'snooze you lose' on those babies.

The table got cleared except for a few magazines that I am going thru each night.  Saved them for ONE pattern in it.  Clipping them out and putting in a folder for some day and the rest of the magazine is being tossed. 

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

4 comments:

Nancy J said...

That looks cold outside, so happy you have the pile of quilts reduced, mine is still huge.

Kate said...

Glad you didn't get walloped with that first snow. But it does look like it's really cold. Yeah for being almost done with the to be quilted pile. That's a very nice way to end the year.

Lyndsey said...

Wow great work on reducing that to be quilted pile. A real win for the end of 2023. I'm planning on finishing at least one quilt over the holiday period.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I did the same thing with stacks of magazines this summer. I also organized my patterns into categories. It took a few days, but now I can find the pattern I'm looking for.