Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Happy Solstice

 

Winter Solstice blew in here a few days early I think.  Luckily the last storm was minimal in the valley, but the mountains got clobbered.  And we brace ourselves for the next Polar storm as the Holiday nears.


 Since I will certainly be staying indoors while Old Man Winter throws his fit, I'll be working on a project for the first HOP of the New Year.  I'd rather be playing with some blue scraps than turning blue outside - but I will be shoveling snow.


 The scrap project to use up those bits of whites is slowly going up on the 'wall'.  All the blocks are made, it's just the tedious task of putting rows together.  Almost done.  Certainly a scrappy border has to set this one off.  AND NO - I didn't use up those whites!


And we are all feeling a little blue as my partner in scraps - MOE - passed away yesterday morning.  Bella and I were with him in his final minutes - she giving him little 'mama cat' chirps and me petting him/telling him what a good kitty he had been.  I will miss finding him in a box of scraps laid out to work on. 

Sewingly Yours,

Sharon

8 comments:

D.L. Austin said...

So sorry to hear Moe passed. 🙏🙏

Nancy J said...

You will miss Moe so much, they all leave a gap in our hearts and homes. Stay safe , as I am reading that the storm and huge snow dumps are in so many areas.

MissPat said...

Oh, so sorry to hear Moe has gone to the great fabric scrap bin in the sky. Both you and Bella will miss him very much. Go slow with that snow shoveling. We're due for much the same with high winds, snow and bitter cold.

Frog Quilter said...

It brakes my heart to hear of Moe passing. We love our pets dearly. Hugs.

Sherrill said...

I'm so sorry to hear of Moe's passing. It took me back to 2019 when I had to have my old boy, Fang, put to sleep two days before Christmas. Hope you find joy in the season and fond memories of your time with Moe.

Kate said...

I'm so sorry about Mo. It was always such fun to hear and see what he'd gotten up to. Stay warm and enjoy the holiday as much as possible.

Quilter Kathy said...

I'm sorry to hear your lost your fur baby. Sending you big hugs!

kiwikid said...

So sorry to read about Moe passing on.