Saturday, December 31, 2022

Happy New Year

 


Happy New Year every one!  A very quiet night here in the valley, I think I heard one firework all night.  I don't follow a lot of the traditions of bringing the New Year, just one - open the door to let the old year out and bring the new year in.  Hey, we are 50 degrees, so some refreshing air into the house was a blessing in itself.  2022 was a rough year for me and I am glad it is over - new hope for 2023.


My big finish for the end of the year, well not a finish but next on our Guild color challenge.  Dark Green was the new 'crayon' color for the month.  The new Doxie with Moxie is done and joined his pals in the project tote.


The top made from the scrappy whites in the bag and color scraps from gifted baggies is ready for it's borders.  I have the scrappy white inner border ready and will pull color scraps for the last border as I reorganize a couple of fabric totes for the year.  It's 50" x 62" right now, so it does need borders to bring up to single bed size.


I need to sort those totes as I want to make a couple of projects in this issue (vol 3 no.11) amd I know there is 'in my stash' useable for them.


I haven't really thought of a 'year's motto' to work 2023 (I did so bad on last year's),  but I know I have a LOT of quilts that need quilting.  So while in the reorg and sorting, I will pull for borders (if needed for a finish), backing, bindings - and get things moved to the finish line.  I will quilt myself, quilt by check, or even pass on tops for someone else to play with, BUT those totes need to be emptied this year.

I, also, have some commission work that will be coming in now so that will be my NEW play.

Blessings for the New Year,

Sharon


5 comments:

Kate said...

The Doxie block is really cute. Love the scrappy whites quilt too. Good luck with your 2023 plans for capturing more scraps in finished projects. Happy 2023!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I'm doing a bit of sewing, watching football, and spending time with my husband today, along with eating some black eyed peas for luck. I'm working on my mystery quilt for 2023, hoping to get to a test block today so I can start it on time. Have a great new year!

Vireya said...

Best wishes for a better 2023.

Michele said...

Your block is cute! I didn't accomplish as much as I had hope to either last year but lots of family issues had to take priority. Thankfully things are better so hopefully this year will be a lot more productive. Best of luck to you also for a sewingly great year.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love your doxie. I need to make one.and who doesnt love a scrappy quilt