Thursday, March 5, 2020

Whooping Friday


I didn't mean to fall silent, but that happens when I fall into a pile of scraps and start playing.  Remember I found a few 'teal' scraps in that drawer?  One partial project soon to be a bag.  I need to find a lining fabric from the shelf to finish this off.


Then the strips that probably were cut-offs from a backing and trying to use up that w/w from the past few quilts.


Then I remembered I had that cute Windham "CatNip" panel and chose the largest cat for this project.


It's a start to another bag and I should have just enough scraps left to make matching little zip bags to go with each.


I, also, got a start on piecing the string blocks into rows.  I was doing everything as leader/ender into the next project.  I'm surprised I didn't stitch the wrong part of a project into each.

All of these have been picked up as I am itching to get to that pile of 'to-be-quilted' items setting on the side table.  I know I have the whole month, but they keep calling out to me - plus, I have to keep shooing away furkids (that batting is such a comfy nap place).

My Mom took another fall so I am staying close to home - good time to quilt.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

11 comments:

Nancy J said...

What a natty cat panel, and tho bottom photo, setting looks wonderful. Heaps of warmest wishes to your mum,

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love your teal distraction. Those strings are fun too. Hope Mom is ok. Saying prayers for you both.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I hope your mother recovers from this fall quickly. Falls are scary.

Barbara said...

Sorry to hear about your mom’s fall. I love your string quilt. Very striking with the solids mixed in.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

So sorry to hear about your Mom falling. Love your blues.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hoping your Mom is ok!! Those projects are looking good.

Farm Quilter said...

Hope your mom is all right! It is nice to have something you love to do while caring for her. Quilting is excellent therapy!!

Vireya said...

Lovely projects! Best wishes to your Mom and to you. It is hard when our parents get unsteady on their feet.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful projects and fabric being used there, love the cat panel. I hope your Mum is ok, enjoy your quilting. Love what you have done with the strip blocks.

QuiltGranma said...

Love that panel! I had not seen that before. Love the progress you are making in quilt making.

Kate said...

Love that panel. You'll have two really cute bags, just perfect for spring. Hope your Mother is doing better after her fall. Hope you get lots of quilting time in this weekend.