Monday, March 9, 2020

Monday Making


These are some of my blocks for this month's OMG project.  The cross stitch has to be at least 10 yrs old and the fabric borders added maybe 6 yrs ago.


When I laid them all out it was just too busy and made for a too large wallhanging.  So I removed the outer borders on each block and added skinny sashings (1" unfinished).  Now to select some of those removed borders to make a final scrappy border.  I have a backing pulled and will go with a black binding to frame it all off.

My goal was to at least get it into a flimsy, but I just might have a full finish with this one.

Linking Up with BETH @ Love, Laugh, Quilt

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

11 comments:

Julierose said...

this is really pretty...I like that skinny sashing...
hugs, Julierose

kiwikid said...

This looks lovely, well done on the nearly finish.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

It's looking really nice.

Nancy J said...

The new layout is lovely and shows off the centres so well.

loulee said...

That will make a lovely quilt. Good that you can use up some of the fabric you removed.

Sherry said...

Your quilt is really adorable.

I have never worked with cross stitched items before. Will you be quilting just up to the stitches or will you be going over the stitching as well?

Barbara said...

Those are so cute! I love cross-stitch. I’m also wondering how you will quilt them.

Farm Quilter said...

Yay for figuring out how to make this lovely cross-stitched quilt work for you!! Looking forward to seeing it finished!

QuiltGranma said...

Making great progress!

Cheryll said...

Your OMG project is turning into a beautiful quilt. Love the alteration of sashing strips too...xox

Michele said...

I actually like your alternate plan a lot better. The skinny sashing was the perfect choice.