Monday, November 4, 2019

Monday Making


I'm almost done, but the rest of the culling and rearranging will wait as things are workable for now.  I had some commission work come in as well as I need to finish up another big project.  A walk around tour - this is my center large hall that I use for my sewing storage - hence the need to keep it in check.

The small book case holds my cross stitch books and supplies - and my extra machines.  There are two more machines on my Mom's side being used for classes.  And then the old potter's shelf with my 'barrels' and buttons.  As you can see, most of them are empty now as they were bagged up for the guild swap.  They fill back up fast, so no worries.


The tall shelving holds some yardage, FQ totes, nicely kitted projects in totes and my books.


Across the front door which actually leads to a large porch that is not useable.  I always winterize this very drafty door for the season - it takes the brunt of the wind so heavily covered and the stacking of totes helps as well.  Two totes full of quilts 'to be quilted', two totes of backing fabrics, one tote of batting cut offs and the rest is scraps - that I hope to finish off thru the winter.  


And my SIL's things.  Once these are gone, I plan on moving my small table with machine to this area - with some lighting.

Nothing fancy - but it works.  Yes, I could move it all into one of the upstairs bedrooms for a 'pretty' sewing room.  BUT, I try to limit those stairs (having fallen down them a few times).  And being downstairs working better suits being available for my Mom or the shop.

I have 5 large totes, some medium totes, and other things stacked by the other door for loading up on guild swap meeting night.  And since that isn't until the 12th, more might get added.

I haven't touched my machine in days - well I moved it to another spot.  I need to get her purring again!

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon 

9 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

Nice clean space, you should see mine right now. It's not so clean.

Barbara said...

Well, it looks so nicely organized. That will make for a peaceful work space.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice job on taming the scraps (and other sewing supplies!!)

Lyndsey said...

A very nicely organised space that will be lovely to work in.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hey! Thanks for posting the pics. I don't feel so bad about my room now and all that I have accumulated.
xx, Carol

sewyouquilt2 said...

Looks tidy. Mine looks like a tornado came thru lol

kiwikid said...

You look really well organised there. Good to protect the side of the room the weather comes from.

Cheryll said...

It always feels good to have a tidy and well organised sewing area.
I think it helps... well it does me...xox

Kate said...

Looks like you got lot of clean up and destashing finished up. Hard to think about winter weather, but we've got sleet and freezing rain on the way for tomorrow. It's supposed to be sunny and 71 F today!