Sunday, June 17, 2018

Monday Making


After the long haul of getting some quilts quilted, I needed to play.  I dumped the tote of my CW small bits and strings to catch up on the Temecula Quilt Co Sampler.


Friday's post was to make 5 crazy quilt style blocks, but I used those bits to make these to add to that growing pile of 4.5" blocks.


As long as I had those bits out, I started the Kim Diehl 'Snowball Blossoms' mini - that print out has been hanging on the wall for a very long time.  This is a free Henry Glass pattern found HERE.  This is the center that needs some very tiny applique leaves and berries added before the rest of the pieced borders.  Maybe I will use up those bits from the tote?


After that bit of stitching, I took a walk in this lovely weather we are having.  This is our 100+ yr old rose bush in full bloom.  It's the only plant left from the original flower garden on this old farm.


And I am thrilled that the apple tree is full of little green orbs!  I think we might just get a bumper crop this year.


The two 'kids' followed me around, but they were more interested in the chipmonks running back and forth to the bird feeder on the side of the house.


Today I will play with these stripes, plaids, and shirting from that tote.  Just a random patch work baby quilt should use most of this up.


I've had this vintage piece of John Deere on the shelf for a couple of years - time to use it and it will be the backing for this patch work quilt.

Of course, I have bindings to work on now.  I'll work a length of thread and then chain some patches - rinse and repeat.  It's to be very hot and humid, so the AC may just run today while I stay indoors to play.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

13 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

In the quilt of life, friends are the stitches that hold it together.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Looks like a lot of fun things going on at your house. Love the pic of the furkids. But Mom,wait a second while we check this out. Ha ha

Debbie said...

While I adore your small bits and blocks, it is the beautiful old rose bush that caught my eye! How wonderful to have one remain as a tie to the original farm.

MissPat said...

I'm with Debbie, I love that gorgeous rose bush, even though I know it only looks like that for a short time. Have fun with your bits and pieces. I need to gather projects for a quilt retreat this weekend.
Pat

Lucy said...

The rose bush is beautiful. Pick one and put in bud vase enjoy on your table.

Julierose said...

Loving that KD Snowball...great pattern...i love her stuff...hugs, Julierose

Barbara said...

That rose bush...what a treasure!

KatieQ said...

I went to check out the Kim Diehl quilt pattern. I really loved it until I read how small the pieces. Now I know why you like it. The rose bush is beautiful. It's hard to believe it's 100 years old and is covered with so many blooms.

kiwikid said...

Can;t believe your weather...not long ago you were snowed in it seems!! Beautiful rose bush.

Vireya said...

That rose is wonderful! I'm sure whoever planted it would be amazed if someone had told them that it would be still flowering faithfully 100 years later, despite all the changes in the world since then.

Kate said...

As usual, you've been really busy and productive in the sewing room. Enjoy playing with scraps and getting those quilts all bound. It's always nice to get projects to the finish line. Happy stitching this week.

beth s said...

Love your rose bush. Have fun with all those pretty scraps!

Michele said...

You always have lots going on there to keep you busy.