Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Scrappy Wednesday


I think Spring has finally arrived here in the Nor'East.  We've moved from dusty blues, a bit of aqua, and then into the greens.

36 - 36 - 34 - 46 - 52 - 58 - 63

Let's hope it is here to stay; although I remember a year we had snow on Mother's Day.


I'll admit that I have been rather slow to work on the 4th hexie diamond.  I want to finish this one up today and then kit up at least two more to take with me while I man the guild's booth at this weekend's quilt show.  I'm hoping I can find some more cheddars while at the show - there's to be lots of venders and I know a few who carry a lot of CW prints.


All of the Sawtooth Stars are done for the Debbie Mumm Sampler.  I could make a whole quilt with these cute small blocks.  Maybe the next baggy of scraps I pull?


The next grouping of the Sampler's blocks are the trees and kitties.  Today I will work the trees and then start to put together as much of some of the rows/sections together as I can.  I'm excited to get this one done.  I have another show in the fall, so maybe that will be incentive.

It is raining cats and dogs today, the furkids have settled on the couch for a nap, music softly playing in the background - time to sew.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

16 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Wonderful to see your progress! Great eye candy!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Rainy weather is the best weather in which to sew. Happy stitching

Char said...

It’s raining here today as well, but it looks like Spring has finally arrived. I love the blue, aqua and green hexies. Enjoy the quilt show this weekend!

Nancy J said...

A cool morning down here, fire is lit, coffee made, and you have warmer days.Lovely hexies.

Ellie said...

We had the rain yesterday in Indiana but today is beautiful and sunny! The rain seems to havepushedeverything over the edge and now the tress are popping and lots of thing are blooming! Spring! Finally! Love the stars!

kiwikid said...

Good to see spring has arrived. Pretty hexies, enjoy the quilt show...a rwiny day sounds perfect for sewing.

kiwikid said...

Good to see spring has arrived. Pretty hexies, enjoy the quilt show...a rwiny day sounds perfect for sewing.

beth s said...

I love your hexie diamonds. I have been thinking of beginning something similar. :)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

The blues just sparkle.

Vireya said...

Glad to see it is finally warming up for you!

Barbara said...

Glad you’re getting some warmer weather. We had a record-setting day yesterday at 85 degrees. It was so nice. We have one more day of sunshine, and then more rain.

KatieQ said...

I love the black, white, and cheddar combination used in the hexagon project. How big is the finished size of each hexagon?

Needled Mom said...

Love those hexies. Snow on Mother's Day is a nasty insult.

Kate said...

The warm up has been much appreciated here too. I'll join in the hope that spring is her to stay. You've got some very fun blocks in the works. Hope you get in some great stitching this weekend and find those cheddar fabrics you are looking for.

Sarah said...

Good luck finding more cheddars this weekend! Your hexie colors for the week were rather soothing. We are in the 60s today and it was rumored that while there might be a little more snow this weekend, there might also be 70s next week. My fingers are crossed!!

cocoya said...

Glad to see it is finally warming up for you!

กำถั่ว