Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Scrappy Wednesday


I managed to get the houses, hearts, and stary moons for the Debbie Mumm Sampler finished before I took a few days away.  I went to house and grandkids sit while my daughter and SIL went to Boston.  My daughter ran in the Boston Marathon in the worse conditions ever!  We had such cold, snow, sleet, rain, cold, rain - well it was like January appeared again.



I took hand work with me and I would have finished the second diamond if I had counted out the right number of papers - geesh.  I even finished up the handquilting on my mini Civil War Sampler and I hope to get the binding, hanger, and label on it as it is entered in a show in 12 days.



An odd week of temperatures for an odd rosette.


39 - 51 -51 -42 -28 -30 - 34


I came across this bag of scraps on the shelf - fallen behind on of my project totes.  I will play with these while I work on that binding.  This should make a cute little piece.

Enjoy a little side project today,

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

7 comments:

Nancy J said...

Pretty scraps, and the race, what conditions to be out running.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Love the colors on your block scraps. So wonderful to finish your quilt in time for entering in a show, good luck!!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Nice scraps and blocks.

Sarah said...

There is nothing more frustrating than not enough hexie supplies while away from home. Congrats to your daughter!!! You must be so proud!!! I just read an article that a local woman started the run in the third corral. She finished 5th for women but since she started with the amateurs she won't get the $15,000 prize money. Now THAT is frustrating!

Lucy said...

I love the star moon blocks really different.

Vireya said...

Lots of interesting projects. It really sounds like winter just doesn't want to leave!

Kate said...

You got lots of handwork done during your time away. It's still cold here. Hopefully you've seen a more consistent warm up.