Thursday, July 28, 2016

Let's Book It - July 2016

Dust Off Those Books
I carried over my June project because I wanted to be sure I finished it.  Now you don't have to have a finish and you can keep using your project for as lomg as needed, but I knew this one would become a UFO if I didn't keep on.



My project was this lovely rail fence colorwash in Marti Mitchell's "Quilting for People Who Still Don't Have Time to Quilt".


Yes, I not only trucked thru the center piecing, setting pieces, but also THREE borders!  I hate borders.


It was a bright, muggy, hot day - and I take crap photos - so this is a bit misty looking.  Yes,


the binding still has to be finished.  I have three days left in the month, so this is doable.  I will be ready to move on to a new project.

This month 's charm is the Windmill Star:

       

Now it's your turn to share:


13 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

love how that came out hmmmm I may have to rethink my strip use

Lesley said...

What a gorgeous quilt. Love the colourwash effect...perfect choice for fabrics!

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

I hate borders too! Half of my quilts end up borderless :) Its a wonderful quilt, I really like the fading effect of the lights to darks.

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

Love this quilt. The hazy days are here too. I usually have something to share, but have been on vacation for 2 weeks and when I got home need to get a new machine.

May I ask, what is your go to machine?

Barbara said...

Three borders! Way to soldier on! I'm working on mine today. Linking up a little later or tomorrow, I hope.

Quilter Kathy said...

I'm not big on borders either :)
The photos look great... very ethereal and stained glass looking!

gayle said...

Well, you may hate borders, but they look mighty nice on your quilt!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Most of my projects this month are self designed, but, I'll enter my Be Attitudes, since I'll be doing the embroidery on it for a while. You'll get that binding done soon. Just watch a movie or two.

Teresa in Music City said...

You go girl!!! Powering through those borders - and 3 of them, no less!!! WooHoo!!!!

Dana Gaffney said...

Your colorwash turned out beautiful, I like the added texture from the rail fence blocks, it makes it all doable. Three borders LOL.

Kate said...

Your Colorwash quilt turned out beautifully! Congrats on your almost finish (especially getting all those borders on).

Kathy S. said...

Your colorwash quilt is beautiful. I haven't done one of those yet. I know your stitching will be gorgeous. Have a great Sunday.

Vivian said...

Ohhh, rail fence and colorwash--nice! I always knew I should have bought that book. You hate borders? Hmmm, turns out I'm working on a project that's perfect for reporting this month, will have to post it!