I have been working a few blocks here and there. This is one of the blocks for the 'found' kit. There are very few instructions in this booklet and in going thru the kit, I found that two of the packaged (this must have been a BOM thru a magazine) blocks were missing. Remember, I won this at a Chinese Auction long ago - so you get what you get. I am going to start doing some piecing and construction - replace what is missing however I can. Some creative math work is going to happen as I have found that within the booklet it gives the block sizes almost in 3 different sizes depending on what chart you look at. Luckily I have worked on larger backgrounds and not trimming yet.
This is the house block for the Quilt Doodle Designs BOM. I am making only one block of each month for a wall hanging. I squeeked that brown - only a sliver left - the rest came out of my string tote and what was left of those I cut down into my barrel system. I am going to be so sad when that Buffalo Print is gone.
I did manage to get half of the blocks made for my 'Let's Book It' project.
Those bricks are sewn together just like you do a binding, but for some reason I flipped and flipped and flipped my little ruler to make that 'corner to corner' line. So I made a square with some card stock and then sliced it corner to corner - no problems making those lines now. Sometimes that right/left brain thing is a hinderance - and then you work around it.
And I played with another block to tame those overflowing 2" squares. Yeah, that little center came from the other barrel of 1.5" - why cut, when you have them. I cut those two dark squares in half - 1" is doable. The secret to tiny is shorten your stitch, slow down your machine and finger press. I don't put an iron on these until the whole block is done. The last photo shows one block right side up (lays so nice and flat) and one block upside down so you can see how I pressed.
Here are the bow ties and churn dash blocks. Now I only have blue because those were on top of the pile. I will use other colors as I work thru the barrel. I discovered that there are a lot of low volumn squares in this barrel, so I am tossing those in a baggy. Once I get thru that barrel I should have enough lite squares to make a cute baby postage stamp quilt.
And I am slowly making the butterflies for the RSC16 column quilt. I know Angela has a cute butterfly pattern tutorial, but I wanted something different and so mine are flutterbies. Not sure how I will add the antennae yet.
As the days get longer and warmer, Moe has been outside more than in. Today was a rainy, grey day (but warm) and he came in for a quick bite (actually let me towel him off) - he jumped up in the window quickly like he was looking for some 'ghostie'!
There's the ghostie!! She must have been outside, quick flew into the house and after him. How dare he sit in her window!! Yup, that's where 'Her Highness' butt sat most of the day.
Today I hope to finish up the flutterbies and Book It blocks. I am feeling the Spring Cleaning urge. Now with things warming, opening curtains has me going URGG - need to clean those windows! And I can take down the blockade on the front door (draft reducer) which means I need to re-arrange things - or throw it out.
** linking up with Whoop, Whoop Friday **