Wednesday, March 23, 2016
Finally Plugged In
I finally plugged in my machine and did some sewing. I have a few more little items to clean up for my up-coming teaching day, but I needed a day of play. It has been a long time since I played with these little blocks. 1.5" squares for the 4-patches and 2.5" squares sliced corner to corner for the settings = 3.5" unfinished blocks. I may be using these in a border setting, but will need a lot more.
And I haven't played with the Wild & Goosey blocks in a while either. I need another 50, but these are just play blocks for now - no rush.
Did I shock you? Large blocks (for me)! My drawer of greens is crammed full and I had some of these rather 'odd' colors - my other greens are dark, foresty colors and prints. So I made up some quick Shoe-Fly blocks. I even used up some 'odd' (ugly) yellows with them. Stats - two 5" squares to make the 4.5" HSTs and 2.5" square and 2.5" by 4.5" strips (because someone will ask) for a 10.5" unfinished block. Not sure what will become of these or if I even make more (other colors) to go with them - it was just play time.
I'm surprised I haven't had an empty spool yet - I do thread inventory not a stash inventory. I have several spools almost to their ends and I find I am using a lot more color in my quilting. Connecting Threads had a flash sale - 40% off - so I treated myself to some new thread.
And I had a very sweet blogger send me an Easter gift. The pincushion is already in use - tired of knocking that box over. And thrill upon thrill!!! Some Sturbridge Village by Judy Rothermel for Marcus Brothers. These are going to be worked into my 'Westering Women' and 'Circa 2016' quilts. Thank you!!
It is to be some rather wet, stormy, windy weather in our area for the next few days - so I have some handwork set aside in case the power goes. BUT I really need to finish those class step-outs - printing of the pattern is in progress.