There was a lot of March Madness - busy, busy, busy. And the weather was just as insane. But the month is marching on. I love how the fabric companies, pattern companies, and shops take up the March Madness theme, too. We are a bit excited as my daughter's Alma Mater - Syracuse (GO 'CUSE) - has made the final four with both the men's and women's teams.
LETS SEE HOW I DID
I managed to get my 'Let's Book It' project at least to the flimsie stage. BUT that is OK as it is about using those forgotten resources. Hopefully it will get quilted next month.
I've been good about keeping up with the '365' leap year circle quilt. I have my next row of blocks prepped to take for some handwork while sitting at our guild's table at this weekend's show.
Sadly this didn't get finished as planned, but I am down to the last color floss for backstitching. This will probably come along for the ride this weekend, too.
I did get two more blocks done on the 'found' kit. This one might sit out next month - we shall see.
These did get squared up to 12.5" and the sashing/cornerstones cut and ready, but no sewing done on them.
As much as I have worked on trimming some of these shelves (and about 30 yards of fabric DID go out), I am re-stocked. I bought the solids for specific projects and I have a local quilter who is de-stashing to me. I have a lot of greens and I have been gifted with a lot of greens - hopefully next month's RSC16 color will be green as a certain color has to be used in a quilt.
Of course a lot of blocks were made, BOMs kept up with, and there were a few test quilts made. Prep work for a class I am teaching next month and all ready to take on the first quilt show for the year. I am ready for April.