Wednesday, January 3, 2024

New Year-New Plans

 


After a rough year, I need a year of easy and fun.  I do have a big show in April to prepare for with our Guild being one of the 6 host Guilds.  So happy to see this show finally happen as it has been on hold since Covid lock downs.  Then the Hall of Fame Show in October.  I'm on the committee for the raffle quilt and am the one who schedules where it is taken for ticket sales over the months up to the show.  So some travel time!  

So I'm keeping to working on just miniatures this year - oh boy do I have the scraps for that!  I will be back on the Blog Hop bus again and see minis and whimsy for the year.




I don't mind people bringjng my Momma food, as long as it is within her dietary, allergy free realm.  BUT to bring a whole chicken, large ham, turkey, large caseroles, etc...... for a lone, elderly person - well !!! 

So yes, I have been cooking and meal prepping.  Having one large sit down meal and then turning left overs into proportioned meals she can pull out and reheat.  I much prefer to use the crockpot when I can and boy it has made a lot of soups and stews.  I don't recipe anything - dump and cook is the game.  You just can't go wrong in a crockpot.  I've even done dump cakes and breads in this baby.  

Everyone is hyped again about the 'big storm of the year' this weekend - from Florida up into Maine.  I think we will just get rain.  Hey, we are the Nor'East and get storms - you get what you get and you can't do much about it but be prepared.  We have food for sure!

Sewingly Yours,

Sharon

5 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like you have a fun year planned in the sewing room. Crock pots are wonderful gadgets. We use ours a lot, especially now that we empty nesters. Wishing you a very fun and productive 2024.

Brenda said...

Wishing you all the best for a fun, happy 2024

Berkshire Tatter said...

I am in Massachusetts, just over the NY State line. Waiting for the storm and hope it really is one. We need the snow for the spring melt that keeps our well working. May you stay safe and warm. Working with threads during a storm is great.

Marthanne

Carolyn said...

I'm in NJ and we're looking at rain. Was hoping for snow! Love the quilt in your post. Do you prep meat before putting it in the crockpot? I'd like to use mine more! Happy New Year!

Nancy J said...

The crock pots or slow cookers are great, I do silverside in mine, no more boiling over and lamb shanks are so tender. Too much food!!!But to have frozen meals in reasonable sizes is a bonus. Scraps, yes, I guess you will be using up even more this year. Keep safe and warm.