Friday, July 28, 2023

Shirts Galore

 


I have several commissions for T-Shirt quilts and the shirts have been coming in these LARGE plastic bags.  Yes, I am making very large quilts which is so not me.  I can't share finishes as they are very personal to the clients.  This bag happens to be sweatshirts - you handle just like T's.  I don't put any batting in them and they are backed with a good quality flannel.

Fuseable is cut and now I have to tackle the shirts.  This client has everthing mapped out when delivered which has made them so easy to put together.

We have been hot, but not those triple digits.  We have been fortunate to get rains mixed in, but sometimes those rains come with terrible storms.  I caught this eerie color and glow as we had a super cell roll thru with tornado warnings again.


I've been enjoying everyone's photos of their beautiful flower gardens, but I haven't got those.  My enjoyment has been watching the various butterflies that have come to 'dine' off the outdoor kitty's dish.  They love the canned cat food - who knew!  I had never seen this one before and looked it up.

It's a sub-species of the purple swallowtail (defined by no tail) and common in the Great Lakes region.  I've had a lot of the yellow swallowtails, so maybe this guy is enjoying their company here on the East side of NY.

Back to my pile of shirts before it storms again,

Sewingly yours,

Sharon



3 comments:

Barbara said...

Amazing butterfly photo. Yes, who knew? Glad you’re surviving the heat. I wondered how you were doing.

Kate said...

Hope you've been able to stay cool, it has been hot. Stormy weather makes for some really spectacular sky photos. Good luck with all your T-shirt quilts.

kiwikid said...

That is a beautiful butterfly. Have fun with the t shirt quilts.